“Just for the Halibut!”

White River Fish Market & Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 249 Restaurants in Broken Arrow
Reviewed June 27, 2018 via mobile

This place is fantastic. The grilled halibut with red beans and rice plus coleslaw just knocked it out of the park for flavor and freshness. I am always amazed how they know where you sit and get your food to you hot and quickly. Great place for a family or solo and easy parking.

Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

Been wanting to try since coworkers have mentioned it. I want impressed. I ordered fried catfish, stuffed crab,shrimp,scallops. All items were bland. My wife ordered grilled shrimp/scallop skewer. Must better flavor. The gumbo and hushpuppies were also good.
Communal seating as others have stated. Doesn't match the price for food. Wait staff too overwhelmed to provide adequate service. But that's just mgmt fault.
I will try again sometime and order something different.

Reviewed June 8, 2018 via mobile

Today my wife and I had the urge for some seafood. We decided to give this place a try. To be honest it was a little intimidating for us because we have never been to a restaurant like this before.
As the name says it’s a fish market and a restaurant. You walk up to the counter and order and pay for your food and drinks. The seating is communal and self seating. Almost like a church picnic but indoors. The waitress then bring out your food and drinks.
I had the smoked brisket with fries and corn on the cob, my wife chose the tilapia filet with onion rings and baked potato. We also ordered 1/2 pound of fried calamari and 1/4 pound of shrimp. I was happy with my food but my wife didn’t like the tilapia. I don’t think it is a reflection on the restaurant just tilapia is a crap fish in my opinion. My wife did enjoy the sides , calamari and the shrimp.

The service is very polite and when we went it was very busy and full so I understand the reason for the difficulty for the waitstaff to give better service.

Bottom line, this is a country style seafood restaurant that is a loud and hectic environment. The portions are good and the food is better than average.
If you are looking for a quiet romantic little place, this is not it. If you are looking for a different way to enjoy a meal and maybe enjoy your food with some small talk with some complete strangers, then give this place a try.

My wife and I will be back but not for the tilapia!

Reviewed June 6, 2018

As others have said before, it is no different from the other location but newer. But, what is wrong with that? If it works as a restaurant, why change it?

Same great, fresh seafood. Sides OK. Communal seating but plenty of places available. This location is closer to my house so we'll be hitting it more than the original.

Reviewed May 20, 2018

I had the fried clams dinner and it was great. The coleslaw is delicious and the corn on the cob was fresh. It was a little crowded so I did have a little bit of a wait for my take out order.