“Your average smoky casino”

Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Tulsa
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Catoosa
“Your average smoky casino”
Reviewed 11 May 2012 via mobile

Stayed at the Hard Rock for a convention the week. The most noticable characteristic was the smoke, which annoys me and I can still smell on my clothes. The room was comfortable but they did not clean my room during my stay. The decor was nice and convenient to get to. I would have liked more restaurant choices.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Russodavid

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Stayed with family. Nice, clean rooms. Indoor / Outdoor pool was nice - good for small kids because of large shallow end.
Friendly staff. The older tower is somewhat noisy.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Tulsa
Reviewed 23 April 2012

My husband and I stayed after a concert at The Joint. I was pleasantly surprised with The Joint and how nice the venue was. There isn't a bad seat in the house. It is clean, bright and open. The hotel room was nice, neat, and accomodating. The bathroom was large as well as a nice walk in shower. We had nice, stout drinks at the Center Bar and then danced for a while at Friction. I do agree with everyone, for a non-smoker, the smoke is awful. The next day, our clothes smelled like a bar. The hotel rooms however did not smell like the casino. Also, as a roulette player, I was disappointed they only had one table. We couldn't play at all because the table was always packed. We will be pack for The Joint but not the casino.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Rooms are nice and roomey, well decorated. They are not however quite, heard just about every person that came and went down the hall, and at least 5-6 that came and went in and out of their rooms. I don't know what it is that people have to let the door slam shut from a full open position to rattle every room within 5 doors from them. There was also too much light inside the room from the iPod compatible alarm clock to the massive phone system that took a engineer to figure out how to answer a voice mail notification from a shop down in the Casino it'self trying to sell something. I really expected better towels than what was presented, I've seen better @ Motel 6. I expected great soft towels and robe from this place as I have gotten that at other Indian based Hotels/Casinos (Chukchansi Gold) and since there(CG's) towels were from Sobel Westex an Indian based linen provider I just expected that they would be the supplier @ Hard Rock. They are currently building another tower of rooms, lets hope they do better on those rooms.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Crested Butte, Colorado
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Biggest problem - the casino allows smoking - for crying out loud guys, move to the 20th century. Get the lung hackers out and the new money will pour in. Young people don't smoke!

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank Andrew H
wichita
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Been 3 times,so addictive, have won big everytime,great food,nice people,beautiful rooms,the best place i've ever been too,going again in may....ROCKLAHOMA here we come!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Edmond, OK
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Room - was as great as last time. Plenty of mirrors, great lighting, comfortable bedding, a huge bathroom with an amazing shower. For three girls - the room was the perfect size for us to get ready.

Casino - There is a lot of construction at this time so only part of the casino is really available to hotel guests. I don't mind the smoking and understand that at a casino you will run into smoking everywhere but I was surprised they do not have any non-smoking places. For being the 20th century this is very behind the times.

Pool - not at all impressed. It is super small and there is not much of a lounge area. Of course we were there in the winter so I couldn't swim. I would not come here in the summer for a pool though. The pool is heated and guests were in the pool - about 5-7 adults and 3 children and it looked over-crowded. I understand it is not Vegas but I did think a nice pool would have helped more people come to this hotel.

Fitness Room - No updates have been made to this room - it looks like it is still in the 1980s. There are I think 1 or 2 treadmills, 1 eliptical, and a few weights. Another lost opportunity for their guests in my opinion.

Restaurants - I'm very glad they did away with the Italian place and opened a 24 hour cafe that serves breakfast, snacks, and sandwiches. This is much more convenient. I also was impressed they now have a coffee bar with Starbucks coffee and pastry assortments. This is perfect for the morning wake-up time! Toby Keith is expensive but it was very good. The manager did a great job accomodating 14 girls. They were able to take several big parties and still have room for many small parties at the same time. It would be nice if they added one more restaurant....something sit down but not as expensive as the steak place and not Toby Keiths.

Bar/Club - We loved the club. They also had a very nice jazz area that felt upscale and was relaxing. The bar right by Toby Keiths had horrible service when we first arrived at 5 p.m. - 2 bartenders and one did not know how to make drinks. It is of course possible she was new. However, the service was still not good - if you are new it is okay to explain that - instead of ignoring people or acting like you are put out to grab someone a beer. Later in the evening the staff increased to 4 bartenders who did a better job. The hostesses at Toby Keith's were horribley rude to our party and did not offer an apology....although the manager did apologize for them and our waiter at Toby Keith's was exceptional. I was surprised at the hostesses attitude and look - not the standard I would expect for Toby Keiths or the Hard Rock. We did not let this ruin our evening and as stated the food and other service were exceptional regardless.

Check in and Check out were easy - Valet was nice and convenient - and we won a little money.

As stated before I know this can't be Vegas style but I'm disappointed they didn't try a little harder-as I feel many people in OK and the surrounding states would see this Hard Rock as more of a get-a-way if they had better pools, fitness center, and a spa.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Hope4lee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Catoosa
0.7 km away
20.5 km away
The Mayo Hotel
The Mayo Hotel
#17 of 108 in Tulsa

Been to Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Tulsa? Share your experiences!