“Would stay here again”

Maverick Inn
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Chickasha
Reviewed 2 January 2017

We showed up at this motel around midnight on 1 Jan 2016
I do not have her name handy but a very nice lady comes to the desk
You can see in her eyes and facial features that she is worn to the bone
She keeps a smile on her face the whole time and you could tell it was a strain
We get a room at a very fair price and then find out we can do a morning checkin
like at 8 A.M. for another 10.00
Most places want you tp pay for two nights even though you are only staying a day
and a night

I have to say the room was very clean, did not try internet theh Tv was basic channels
Microwave and fridge with a coffe pot
Again most of you better places do not have these items
The bed was very comfortable and no problem sleeping ( I do that is me)
I will have to say the fan from the AC/HEAT was noisy but as time went on it would be noticed less
Get up this mroning and take the free breakfast that they have .As we are walking over I noticed several BBQ grills that are for guest to use during their stay
Now, how many places have that . You pullit up to your frnt door area and start grilling
Getting to breakfast
I really liked the fact they had whole milk and not the wannabe kind of milk, waffles, orange juice ,cereal and coffee
If anyone has any questions shoot me an email
We go to check out and the same lady greets us again still looking worn
I got the conversation going by asking if they were going to open up a eating establishment as the stuff is there
She tells me I would love to and at one time it was open
The problem Is I can't get any help from the area
She is doing the best she could running the place by herself so it is 24 hours a day seven days a week for her
She does checkin and out, laundry, cleaning and the whole nine yards
She stated she did not know how much longer she could hold out without help
Just a couple of people to do desk duty and help with laundry would be a great help
The deal she was offering was very fair and I told her it looks like people would jump on that
I mention all of this as an incentive for others to stay
Doing all of that and keeping the place clean says a lot about this lady
She was very kind and acted as if she had all the time in the world to just visit and not about her problems. I dug them up
If you are in the area spend the night .No, it will not be the Great Grande MAW MAW
but a nice place for a woman that is trying
Wish I was able and a few years younger I would be working there in a heart beat

Room Tip: I would not take 149 AC/heat is noisy
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

I was ok with the visit nice place for the price. You get what you pay for. Worth it for the price. I would recommend it. I will be back soon. The towels weren't the best but again for the price you can't beat it. Nice pool. Quiet place and no problems.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 June 2016

We needed a place to stay while traveling through Oklahoma. They were reasonable, comfortable, and courteous, just what we needed. The room was clean. We got what we needed without spending a fortune.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2016

Well, it's been probably 10 years or more since we last stayed here. I believe it was a Days Inn back then. The rooms are clean, but are showing their age. The breakfast offering pales in comparison to other places we've stayed, but the price was dirt cheap. If saving a few bucks for an overnight stay is your goal, this is the place for you. We did find the bed to be a bit soft for our liking, and the three pillows were past their prime.

Room Tip: Inside rooms are closer to the pool, but farther from the parking.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 June 2016

They checked us in, we went to the room, opened the door and there were
some one still in the room. they gave us another room and the shower
water would not switch fully.
There was a chair that was a disgrace, dirty very dirty.
We will not stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2016

The location is right off the main street. The rooms were nice and accommodating. The prices are reasonable especially if you have a large family.
They also have a large swimming pool.
There is also a small breakfast menu which included cereal, juice, coffee, rolls, and waffles. Also the dining area is very large.
The help is very friendly. I would recommend this motel if you are passing through or staying for a couple of nights.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room away from the pool.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 March 2016 via mobile

You know it's not a vacation resort. All the staff have always been friendly. Nice people! If your looking for a clean room a clean bath and shower at a fair price? Yep,it's all that! During the frac boon,you had a hard time getting a room anywhere. If you you complained about there breakfast,you really should break out your change. I've been here more than a few times over the last 8 years. Simply homey quarters at a fair price. Peace

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family