US$116
US$55
Newcastle Motel(Newcastle)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$48
All reviewsfront deskcinnamon rollsroom was cleanrewards membernice hotelplace to staydefinitely stay here againin townthe breakfast arealorraineoklahomaelevatorcleanlinesslady
Reviewed July 1, 2017 via mobile

Last night when we arrived at the hotel it was pitch dark. As my husband stepped out of the vehicle a strange man approached him from behind asking him if he had loratabs in his bags. The man was in his socks with a beer in his hand. We got all our luggage out & the man walked up to another man (who looked to be in the same position as the first). I felt that they were going to try to rob us or harm us. It was a very uneasy feeling. As soon as we walked in the hotel to check in, my husband told the hotel receptionist, Lisa, we were checking in and his name. As soon as I got to the counter I told her exactly what was going on. She immediately went outside to the 2 men who at this time were standing in front of the entrance doors. I'm sure the men probably lied to her. She then comes back in and as we talked about it some more as she was checking us in, we asked her if those guys were staying at the hotel. She knew how uncomfortable we were feeling about our safety as well as our vehicle. She told us to hang on a minute that she was going to tell him (the one who asked for the drugs) to leave the property. She did just that. Then she also told us she knew how worried we were about our vehicle and allowed us to park under the awning so she could could an eye on it for us.
After we ate our dinner, we went down to buy a drink. She said she wanted to get our drink for us because that was the least she could do and she hopes that we would return to that hotel if we are ever in the area again. Thank you so much Lisa for making the best out of the worst! We will definitely be back if we're working this area!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Chickasha F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chickasha, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2017

Dear Melodie,

Please accept our thanks for your review of our property. Responses like yours help us to serve each of our guests better each time we see someone post a review, whether the comment is positive or negative.

We would like to address the situation you mentioned by stating this type of incident has never occurred before at our property, and since this is the first time, we are very happy Lisa did a superb job. Rest assured we value employees like her, and she has been made aware of your response.

We are happy you are willing to stay with us again, and hope this situation did not leave a negative impression of Chickasha, Oklahoma. Once again, we thank you for your feedback and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed June 7, 2017

This motel had apparently gone through a fairly recent remodeling, and the rooms are in kind of a stark, Scandinavian styling, which can be OK, although in my thinking, the furniture came off looking just kind of cheap. We did complain to the desk clerk about the cleanliness -- my wife had to clean the microwave . . . inside and out . . . and I found the handles to the bathroom to be yucky-sticky, so I washed them off, myself. The desk clerk said that they had a couple of new cleaning people. Finally, they've installed new "state-of-the-art" thermostats, which neither of us could master. In the end, the room kept getting either too hot, or too cold, and we were just kind of glad we were only staying one night.

Room Tip: Ask for instructions in operating the thermostat
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve P P
Chickasha F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chickasha, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2017

Thank you Steve for your valuable feedback. We appreciate it because it helps us to see where there is room for improvement and things that we may have missed. We hope you will give us another chance to show you our true standards and hospitality.

Reviewed May 14, 2017

This is a very nice hotel in a good location. It has been updated nicely and the staff are very friendly. Be sure and make your reservations early because the two nicest hotels currently sell out often! The breakfast is typical Holiday Inn Express food and I love the little cinnamon rolls! The breakfast hostess' name is Lorraine and she is a doll! Very friendly and always keeps the breakfast area stocked well!
Negatives: 1. I was disappointed I couldn't get a room on one of the higher floors since I am a rewards member and had made advance reservations.
2. The people in the room next to ours were partying loud and woke us up at 2:00 AM. We called the front desk and complained to Gil who was very nice and he evidently took care of it because they did quiet down.
3. Really thought the hotel would have offered me some reward points for a good will gesture for the above items but they did not.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Chickasha F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chickasha, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2017

Thank you OKDianne for your review of our property. I am happy that you were pleased with the hotel itself. I'm glad Gil was able to promptly quiet the neighboring room down. I apologize that we were not able to get you on the 3rd floor. Unfortunately we cannot guarantee room placement as the rooms that we have available to assign would be the ones checking out that day. We really appreciate your feedback as we use it to help us make adjustments and improve our facilities and service.

Reviewed January 11, 2017

The staff at this hotel made it a great stay. The hotel was currently under renovation, but the staff really went out of their way to make it as great as possible. The room was clean and and the night quite. I will definitely stay here again if I am in Chickasha

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Sheri S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chickasha, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2017

Thank you for the wonderful review and for staying with us during our renovation! We truly appreciate you.

Sheri

Reviewed January 7, 2017

When we made our reservation online, we received a polite phone call from the front desk advising that some rooms were upgraded, but others--including the lobby--were under construction. Our room had all new and beautiful furnishings, equipment, linen and towels. I especially liked the three dual USB ports with dual electrical outlets, and the Keurig coffee maker. The staff were all friendly, despite climbing over and around contractors. Lorraine, in charge of the breakfast room, was absolutely wonderful and engaging. We were in town for work, and will stay there again in a heartbeat. Only because of the construction can we not give an Excellent rating.

Stayed: January 2017
1  Thank BertAndFaleene W

Thank you very much taking the time to review our hotel. The construction is now behind us, so we look forward to your next stay!