See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed January 22, 2018

Usually I look at the reviews more thoroughly but this time I mistook a 4.2 rating on hotels.com as a 4.2/5 instead of the actual 4.2/10. All the recent reviews are very accurate. Staff is unfriendly, and it’s the dirtiest motel I’ve ever stayed in. I’ve stayed in plenty of affordable “two star” hotels and motels where the staff is friendly, rooms are squeaky clean, and there are lots of amenities. Thank God we only stayed one night.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6Team, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Del City, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2018

Peter, Thank you for sharing your concerns. Please know the service issues you describe are an exception to our guest commitment, and as such, we apologize. Our staff aims to provide the highest level of hospitality to our guests through our customer service, but with your experience, we have fallen short and would like to apologize for the service issues you describe. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed December 24, 2017 via mobile

We always stay motel 6 and this is by far the NASTIEST. We travel with our dog so its cheapest place. We got room behind pool so help block freeway noise a bit but was so gross! Glad I brought allergen reducer. Toilet kept running, heat was on 90 and was not but maybe 75 in here cool air from somewhere. Mold, stains, dirty, broke... Took forever for the hot water in the shower come on. The sink never did get hot.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Del City, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2017

MaryAnn, Thank you for sharing your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in following through on that commitment during your recent stay. The service issues you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality, and we are sorry you experienced less than satisfying service during your visit. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed July 16, 2017 via mobile

So I booked this room a few weeks ago for our cross country vacation! Of course I wanted something cheap, clean, and close to the interstate since we only need a few hours sleep and a shower! This seemed like the perfect fit! I read the other reviews the day we were due to check in and even though it was to late to cancel I really wanted to give it a try anyway! I have stayed in several low star rooms over the past two weeks and all but one were not near as bad as the reviews had stated! I figured this one to be the same! Upon arrival it looked great! It is literally just off I-40 and in a good neighborhood. It is right next door to Walmart and looked surprisingly nice. Hubby checked in and then needed to use the restroom so he ran in and out and said at quick glance the room looked fine! We went for dinner and returned about twenty minutes later, unloaded the car, used the sink to wash up, then I started to notice just how nasty this room was! It had a slight smoke odor as soon as we entered the room and although it's a nonsmoking room, I know they use the same bedding on all since ours was full of burn holes, there was what looked like poop smeared on the walls, paint chips all over the vanity, dirt in the tub (as if the room had not been used in sometime) still nothing compared to what's to come! A few minutes later im sitting on the bed talking to hubby whom had walked next door to Walmart and I saw a roach (yes the real creepy disgusting bug) crawling on the towel rack where I had just gotten the towel to dry my face! I freak out of course but thought perhaps it was a fluke! Oh no within ten minutes I see another roach crawl from behind the tv! I instantly want to leave so I go to the front desk and speak to the young lady at the front desk! I tell her my room 123 has roaches and that is not ok! Although she acts as if she has no idea what I'm talking about you could tell by her facial expressions that this wasn't the first she had heard of this! She tells me she will give us a different room! I ask her if the other room will have bugs, she replies "this is the first I have heard of bugs" I told her that wasn't true because I had read the reviews on trip advisor that stated they had bugs but I wanted to give them a chance anyway! She then moves us to room 304! The worst part for me is the new room was so much cleaner! Most would think that's a good thing but the problem is that shows me that she knew some rooms where clean and some not even suitable to be rented out! The new room had a microwave without the microwave plate and had some semi dirty walls! The bedding had some burn holes and stains but it was nothing compared to the first room! The pool was green yes literally green and appeared to be open at least during the day since I saw people's swimsuits hanging over the rails outside! The elevator was filthy with cigarette butts etc in the floor! The lobby was extremely clean and updated which again shows me that they know how to clean and choose not to provide their guests with the same environment that want for themselves! The rooms were semi updated with tile and hardwood. They need to worry about cleaning instead of updating! They did have free wifi and it worked good! The environment in general was a little sketchy with beer cans, people sitting outside their rooms drinking, and just like most of the other low star rooms I have stayed in had their permanent tenants sitting outside congregating. The air worked good in both rooms although it had an odor! The water had nice pressure and hot water! They had a ton of channels on tv including hbo! In conclusion drive on by! There are many motels in this town and surrounding area! This $45 room will cost you hundreds in exterminator bills when you take roaches to your house!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2017

*****BEWARE DO NOT STAY HERE***** After a long 15 hour drive. I proceeded to check in, after parking my car and it was after dark I heard something moving in the bushes also trash was piled up all over, trash cans were overflowing with trash and so were the dumpsters. I looked at the swimming pool which looked more like a cesspool looked like hasn't been drained for a year. As I checked in I asked about the pool and was told pool is out of service the pump is out with no apology from staff. I went to the only ice machine for ice and it was broken, I mentioned this to the desk clerk and was told "no ice..ice machine is broke" with no apology. Then as I approached my room I noticed a door half open with holes where locks once were maybe a housekeeping store room and very dark inside (looks like the door on an abandoned building)..I wasn't about to investigate, who knows what creature(s) is lurking in this room, there were also shady characters in parking lot possibly dealing drugs. As I entered my room there was a drunken woman on the outside. When I opened the door to my room I noticed dirty towels looks like they were used to dry mop the floor, sheets had blood stains and resting on a dirty mattress with no mattress pad...disgusting!! cigarette burns on filthy bed spread.The lack of cars in parking lot should have been my first clue. I have stayed at hundreds of Motel 6 properties since I was a child in 1970. I have never experienced an motel like this. I didn't stay the night I checked out and found another Motel 6 in OKC that met my requirements for a clean and comfortable room, you couldn't pay me to stay here. Should you DARE to stay here I would advise to have the police dept on speed dial. Once Motel 6 finally revokes this property of its affiliation they should rename it "THE ALLEY EXPERIENCE MOTEL". As I returned to my car I discovered that the animals in the bushes were rats....Truly the motel from hell !!!! You have to seriously consider the following before staying here. Is this property safe for children? Will I bring bed bugs home? Will cockroaches come home in my luggage? Will I survive the night? How much of my car will be left in the morning? YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Room tip: Read reviews before booking rooms
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2017

There was a lot of trash outside my room, which included medical waste, there was only one small table and one dime store chair, the towels looked like they had been used to clean a floor, and the bed was a nightmare. I didn't even stay the night but checked out later that day and found another Motel 6 that had decent standards. Motel 6 should revoke their franchise. Mr. Owner, please don't apologize as you know about these issues and I hardly believe you have any intention on satisfying guests.

Room tip: Chose another motel
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends