“Bed Bugs”

Choctaw Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 8 things to do in Durant
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Popular gaming facility features a variety of table games, high-stakes bingo and off-track betting.
Reviewed 30 April 2010

I got home after my visit, I unpacked and went about my routine. After a couple of days I started waking up itching, then started to notice bites I went to the Doc and he said bed bugs, to make the story short It was only place I've been and didn't have them before trip I can only assume that the hotel with no water pressure and toilets that dont flush might be culprit

11  Thank kika1996

Reviewed 22 April 2010

The beds in the new hotel are better than any we have encountered on any hotel stay. Beware , you will want to oversleep. The Oasis pool complex of the first hotel they built is connected to the indoor outdoor pool of the new hotel. The best ever! But during the week its only open @ 2pm due to no lifeguards during the morning hours. However the new hotel pool will be open. The pools combined have 4 hot tubs. Great! The new casino has a great lounge area with resting chairs with a fantastic aquarium to view while you relax. Also by the white buffalo sculpture there is a lounging area. No alcohol allowed yet. The great wall of water behing the white buffalo is very meditative and has accompaning audio ever hour starting at 4pm with light show. They must have wanted us to share this positive info because we won $350 on slots. Have fun! P.S They have an excellent baby grand piano which I played on our first visit. It is now covered with cloth and has a do not play sign on top. What a waste. If chocktaw officials read this please make the piano available to your patrons.

2  Thank flashmac3
Reviewed 20 April 2010

My husband and I jusf got back from Choctaw. We have been going to Winstar and Shreveport and have NEVER came home with a penny....but today was different and suprisingly good....yes we came with money, not a lot. But more than double what we took. This has never happened to us before. Had a GREAT time!!!

1  Thank Ronda13
Reviewed 19 April 2010

For a time, Choctaw was the place to gamble, especially if you were a high staker. Well, not anymore.....the machines are totally ripping people off!!!! No good spins, no red spins and NO JACKPOTS.....I had $600 to play with, played the $5 machines betting one mind you and it was gone in less then 30 minutes. I don't mind loosing but cmon Choctaw at least give a person a couple of hours of play!!!!!!! Don't waste your time not a good place!

6  Thank mjd5231
Reviewed 18 April 2010

Let me preface by saying I've been to Vegas. Nothing compares. However, driving or flying to Vegas these days isn't always cheap of convenient. I've been to Shreveport and admittedly those are pretty nice Casino's, but i've never been lucky with the payout. I've always left either in the hole or with little winnings.

I decided to try Chocktaw last year because the drive was a lot closer than Shreveport for someone who just wants to go for the day and not pay for an overnight stay.

The Casino IS smokey, so are the ones in Shreveport and some are worse than others. I'm not sure if they have a smoke ventilation system but they need to invest in one, what's the point of a non smoking section if there's a big wide open space and no doors to separate that area. That's the only downside of going to a casino is you just wreak by the time you leave. There is also no drinking, which was a little disappointing as I ordered my virgin coke, but i can understand because on those highways people drive like a bat out of hell as it is.

I went with $200 in hand to spend and I only play slots. I had a lot of luck with the wheel of fortune machine, not so much in huge payout but hitting the free spin. Some machines however payed nothing and I moved about to find luck on a dollar machine, where eventually after winning I lost all that i won. I never spent more than $20 of the $200 that I brought, so I have to say all in all i had a fun afternoon. I never expect to win, I just want to be able to kill a few hours without losing too badly and having some fun.

As I was leaving I had about 80 cents on the ticket in my hand and I stuck it into a nickle machine and the bell went off. It didn't tell me how much I won and i can't figure out some of those machine payouts but after about 10 minutes of sitting there waiving for it to ring up every dollar I walked away with $170.

Clearly some people go there with the intention of winning big so they spent big. I watched a woman next to me working 2 dollar machines with $800 in each one. Looks like she put her paycheck in there and another lady said "There went my grocery money". I go there with play money only, what i'm willing to lose. I get the addiction but i'll never understand it.

Huge winnings? no. A fun way to spend an afternoon? You bet. I have yet to go to Winstar, chocktaw is closer. I also wouldn't mind checking out the Chocktaw resort hotel, but for me the drive is only 2 hours so it wouldn't be worth paying for with no other real attractions around town

1  Thank Smvgrey