Review Highlights
Beautiful for a wedding

Several years ago we attended a wedding at this site. It was elegant, comfortable and allot of... read more

Reviewed August 6, 2018
Carol C
Watonga, Oklahoma
Unique history and architecture

My husband is a Mason and we visited primarily for his interest, but the architecture grabbed me... read more

Reviewed April 18, 2018
bwodom
Winnsboro, South Carolina
via mobile

All reviews our tour guide stained glass beautiful building small town marble floors several years oklahoma city temple masons interior structure capital davidson organ state wedding designer
Reviewed May 29, 2017

Once of the finest structures in Oklahoma. This was the original seat of the state until it was relocated to Oklahoma City. The outside and inside of the building are very well preserved and a gem of Oklahoma Architecture.

Date of experience: July 2016
2  Thank Ebazinam
Reviewed May 22, 2017 via mobile

The Scottish Rite temple is massive with its impressive columns and lavish, historical interior. The building is big enough to host a state dinner with marble floors, stained glass, and gold finishing. It truly feels like you've stepped back in time. A wedding here, especially themed, would be amazing! Don't miss your chance to visit this when it's open to the public (I went to the high school Christmas concert, which was fabulous!)

Date of experience: December 2016
Reviewed May 17, 2017 via mobile

Found a grumpy mason,who gruffly asked us what we were doing and when we told him we were looking for a geocache he angrily stated, "I wish they would take it out of here." The cache was gone, so he got his wish. However, his attitude left a bad taste in my mouth for this place.

Date of experience: May 2017
1  Thank charylec
Reviewed May 10, 2017 via mobile

My friend and I were curious about this place so we decided to take a guided tour. The tour lasted at least an hour and was only $5 per person. You cannot take an unguided tour. Our tour guide was a longtime Mason and very knowledgeable about the building and their organization. This massive building is like something you would see in Washington, DC. Many of the rooms still have all the original pieces in tact, even though the building is still utilized today. The architecture is beautiful, along with the stained glass windows. I am not familiar with this organization at all, so I was very intrigued by it. If you're visiting the Guthrie area and you're interested in the history of the Scottish Rites there, you would enjoy taking this tour.

Date of experience: March 2017
Reviewed April 9, 2017

Absolutely worth a visit ..a heritage site ..a bygone era..art deco furnishings and marble abounds..Masons families free..

Date of experience: April 2017