“POOR customer service and concern”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Lawton / Fort Sill
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Lawton
Reviewed 25 August 2016

Spent a week at the hotel and customer service couldn't give a crap about you as paying guest. Got back to the room temperature was changed to an outrageous temperature and the room was freaking unpleasant and uninhabitable. Called the front desk and complained, they apologized and promised to talk to housekeeping and it wouldn't happen again. Second day here I come, same thing! Go down and to complain. The front desk girl says sorry I will talk to housekeeping. I explained same as last yesterday isn't good enough. She tells sir stop yelling. Excited yes, yelling FAR FAR FAR from how angry and heated I could have been. No concern and a flippant attitude towards the customer! I did recommend the place to my customer........that was day before yesterday, tomorrow when I return they will hear the whole story and the next time I return, I will NOT BE STAYING AT THIS HOTEL.

Room Tip: Be smart, not like this sucker, go to a hotel that wants your money and is willing to prove it.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business

Reviewed 22 August 2016

Great breakfast with hot eggs and waffles. Friendly staff eager to answer any type of question and always with a smile. Very quiet room. Could not hear any noise from hallway or adjacent rooms or outside. My only criticism would be that the hallway carpeting is quite stained and dirty. Time to replace it all before it starts to create an odor.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2016

I got there late and was warmly greeted. I mentiioned that my sister was handicapped and even though I didn't have a reservation they found a room for us. The room was very clean and the breakfast was very nice. I also want to point out that the front desk person offered me water as soon as I came up to desk. The negative was the room was very cold because I didn't know how to work the themostat. Also the room darking shades didn't close all the way. Overall I would definately stay again.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

Nice rooms and clean and quiet. Staff was very nice and its just off Cache rd. From the minute we walked in the place smelled very good and the foyer was very inviting and pleasant. There is a Teds Escondidos within walking distance and a Ihop across the street with other food close. Has a nice bed, tv, microwave, coffee pot, mini frig and a sink in our upgraded room. It also had a fold out bed in the sofa and a work desk. Has a powerful shower with an adjustable head and a hair dryer. We've stayed in many places,some good and some not so good and I have to say I was very impressed. The have a fitness room and guest self serve laundry room.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2016

All hotels have issues, (people cite the elevator here), however we had no issues with it and a thing that did arise was professionally resolved quickly. With an amazing breakfast and wonderful staff, my family and our pets were treated like the most honored guests at the staff's home.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank theladynyghtshade
Reviewed 2 July 2016

Great rate, clean comfortable Hotel. Good hot breakfast, good looking hotel inside and outside. Excellent choice for travelers with pet.We stay here for several times on our way to our home, always clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank h0klayt
Reviewed 21 June 2016

We are on a 8 day vacation around the south, and this was by far, the least comfortable/clean hotel, out of the 6 we stayed at, even though it was the most expensive of them all. The Elevator is absolutely terrifying. At one point, we were stuck in the extremely hot elevator with other guests and a staff member. Our room was on the 4th floor, so every time we went somewhere, we had to trek up and down the stairs. Which for the most part, isn't terrible, except when bringing luggage to and from our room. Then, there is the smell. It is a pet friendly hotel, and not just a couple designated rooms. The halls and rooms smelled strongly of wet dog/litter box/cat pee. Even the beds stunk and there were stains on the carpet. In 100 degree weather, the smell just radiates all over-3rd and 4th floor are the worst. When we checked in, there was hairs on the bed, and old receipts left in the drawers. The beds were hard and pillows are very flat/uncomfortable. When we asked for a couple more pillows, we were told there were none available both nights, that they were given to executive rooms only.
We had originally booked another hotel, but when dates changed, this hotel was the only one left, or we would have definitely checked back out the first night, and went somewhere else. Only plus on our stay was the breakfast. Good array of food and everything was kept stocked and clean.

Room Tip: The hotel seems to have constant elevator issues, so I highly recommend a main floor room to avoid r...
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
LQ Customer Car... T, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Lawton / Fort Sill, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2016

I am extremely sorry that your stay was not up to standards. Your comments are definitely very disconcerting, and I am sorry that you had to go through this. I will make sure your comments are shared with management, to ensure that this does not happen again. We hope you will give us another chance.
La Quinta Customer Care Team