“Almost a queen bed”

Candlewood Suites Mcalester
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in McAlester
Reviewed 23 September 2011

The room was very small. I requested a queen bed. My husband said this isn't a queen so I went to the desk and was told well its almost a queen. Wanted to cancel my reservation but was going to charge me for the night so I asked if upgrade to king desk called manager and not sure what was said but girl at the desk wasn't able to upgrade for the price I could get it for online. We'll see what the management has to say about but not real happy a this time. The room need to be dusted also. It was ok not anything special. The girl at the desk was wonderful. She really tried...

Room Tip: If you want room and a good sized bed get the king room. The queen room is very small for 2 people.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
CandlewoodSuitesSE, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Mcalester, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2011

These guest were very hard to please. The queen beds in our Hotel are BRAND STANDARD QUEEN BEDS. They checked into the room and after being in the room an hour decided the bed was too small and wanted to move to another room. I agreed to let them do this, but, they wanted to cancel the reservation and go on line and make their own, stating they could "get it cheaper" on line. Which is impossible. I tried to explain to them if they cancelled the reservation it would charge their credit card. That we could do an upcharge to a KING and simply do a room move. Sometimes you simply cannot please people. We tried our best to please these guests. Their entire argument was that the bed was a full size bed and they requested a QUEEN. IT IS A BRAND STANDARD QUEEN BED.
We did our best.
Lisa Richardson

Reviewed 13 August 2011

Working for FEMA and always traveling throughout this immediate 5 state region, we have stayed at numerous fine hotels...Without a doubt, this was our most pleasureable stay of all in the past 4+ years. Christi and her staff was wonderful to us during our July and August 2011 stay. We loved the comfortable bed and quietness of our stay. We also carry our pet with us and they were very helpful with the pet fee, as well. Thanks Christi! We WILL be back!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Festus6969
Reviewed 5 August 2011

I travel to this area frequently for business and have stayed at other hotels in the area. the staff was very friendly and the rooms were well stocked and clean. Toni was exceptionally helpful, and always with a smile and pleasant attitude.
Thanks for the great stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 July 2011

The place was awesome. Just everything about it made me comfortable. Lisa was wonderful and the housekeepers always had my room cleaned very well. not like a nasty motel. This was nice! Will be back.

Room Tip: Turn your ice makers on in room
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 July 2011

I work for R.W.I and i just have to say i have a good time everytime i walk in i am greeted and they always ask if i need somthing. Lisa, Christi, and Toni and everyone eles who works there. My room is always cleaned. I will always bring my business here when I come to town.love yall:)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 July 2011

We stayed here only one night on our way to Branson but would gladly have loved to stay more. The rooms were big and clean. There was a nice flat screen TV. The bed was comfortable with nice bedding. The bathroom was equipped with a tub and there was a nice kitchenette. The price was great. They don't serve breakfast but I don't usually like a continental breakfast anyway. Would prefer to eat out. The front desk lady was very friendly and particularly kind to my parents. I would recommend this place to anyone and will plan on staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2011

Rooms are clean and large. Full Kitchen with utensils. No oven, Full size refridgerator. It is a long stay property so maid service is weekly. No Pool but a 24hr exercise room. You can get maid service on additional days for a small fee. Across the street from Local Supercenter.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business