This Motel was empty the time I had stayed. They were doing a remodel of the property. So if you like to sleep in as I do I would not recommend this motel. Other than the construction going on I had a pleasant stay.
fawcett on vanity and bathtub was not attached to the porcelain. Door did not fit in the door frame. It was possible to view the parking lot thru the gap. Interstate noise was so bad that running the air fan didn't drown out the noise. The heater sounded like a tractor starting up. Resting for the trip to Dallas was impossible. Could not receive a receipt at check out. Was told one would come by email. That was a week ago. Don't know if we'll be interested in patronizing another Super 8
When my wife & I arrived from our long drive to visit family for Thanksgiving. When we pulled up there was all kinds of trash in the parking lot & hallways & large dumpster in the front was an eye sore. We just dismissed as they are renovating or something & we were only staying one night.
I went to the front desk to check in. When I walked up to the desk. A woman came out & said "What do you need?!" in a rude manner, like I had inconvenienced her by being there. Which I was taken back by the way I was spoken to. Once, I came back around to my senses. I told the lady I had a reservation for my wife & I. That's when she stated, "ID & card you're paying with..." in a disdained manner. She then grilled me about who was going to be in the room & that there was a $50 dollar refundable deposit for the night. I've never had been asked for a deposit but I was not worried about getting it back either. We are much to old to be causing problems or damages and we always make sure trash is disposed of and dirty linens are gathered neatly before checking out. (A week later) Now I get home to see they kept my deposit. So, instead of a 61 dollar visit. It's a 111 dollar visit.
Now we are in the room, I turn on the lights & they flickered a lot. Eventually the lamps and the alarm clock by the bed lost power completely. The plug outlet in the bathroom area for the hair dryer didn’t work at all, even after pushing in the reset & test buttons. I’m guessing they are having electrical issues. The stopper in the bathtub also failed to preform when my wife attempted to take a bath. The microwave didn't work. The door leading into the room had a half an inch gap under the door. So, I had to put a towel down to stop the cold air from blowing in. The desk chair was on it's last leg it was tattered and dirty. It was to scary to sit in...
The staff was pleasant and accommodating but one of the rooms(upstairs) was very old and didn't seem cleanly. My son and wife bought a blanket and pillows to sleep there. The two down stair rooms were much more updated and clean. We did not eat the complimentary breakfast so I cannot comment on that.