“Clean and Comfortable in a Great Location”
Review of Courtyard Norman

Courtyard Norman
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Norman
North Alabama
“Clean and Comfortable in a Great Location”
Reviewed 6 June 2012

This is one of the better Courtyard properties I've stayed in; it was well-maintained, very clean, and fairly comfortable. The lobby was nice and clean and a great place to gather; my colleagues and I spent quite a bit of time chatting there, and many others seemed to take advantage of it was well. Even the Internet access was better-than average. The location was great because it was very close to a lot of restaurants and across the interstate from a lot of shopping options.

There were a few very minor issues: oddly-arranged mini-fridge (it was tough to keep leftovers which I needed for work) and oddly-arranged couch, and my usual complaint that Courtyard doesn't offer free breakfast. (They had the new bistro-style restaurant which I think is a big upgrade from the previous buffet.)

Room Tip: Probably want to avoid rooms facing the interstate (east side) due to noise, though the hotel does s...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Storm27

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 25 May 2012 via mobile

We used to stay at another hotel in Norman on all our visits. I didn't know about the Marriott Courtyard until this last visit. Our other hotel was filthy beyond description. We cancelled our room and started searching for another.

The rooms, lobby and halls here at the Courtyard are perfectly clean! It is such a great to stay here. Everyone has been wonderful and helpful. They even have a Starbucks in the lobby.

Our king room is very clean and also very quiet. We are next the the elevator, yet have never heard it.

This is where we will always stay now. Very nicely done Marriott.

• Stayed May 2012
NormanSales, Director of Sales at Courtyard Norman, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Thank you so much for the kind words! Here at the Courtyard in Norman, we pride ourselves in having nothing but the BEST in customer service and I must agree that we have some of the best House Keepers in the business. Once again we appreciate your stay and then response here on TripAdvisor....Good or Bad we want to hear how we did. Hope to see you soon!!

Nelson Davis
DOS
Corvallis, Oregon
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We arrived at almost midnight because we had been at a concert in OKC. The man at the front desk was right up front when we walked in and checked us in quickly (and was super friendly to boot). Once in the room, we had a problem with our TV and a man came up to help us pretty much immediately. (Mind you, this is after midnight!) The morning staff was just as pleasant. This place gets an A+ for service! Yeah there's no breakfast included, but with service like this who cares? Seriously. I'd rather have great service than some crappy pastries or egg-beaters.

The hotel decor is great. I love the way the rooms are designed & decorated. If I'm ever in the area again, I'll definitely return to this hotel. Also, with our AAA discount the rate was very reasonable.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Erin W
Houston
Reviewed 13 April 2012

The hotel was very clean and updated. The staff was very friendly. We stay in Norman quite often to visit our college son. Most of the hotels offer the same free WI-FI, fitness rooms and clean rooms. They also offer free breakfast. I'm afraid we'll not return to the Courtyard and pay for breakfast again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank TravelingMomHouston
De Soto, Kansas
Reviewed 19 March 2012

We had a great experience in this hotel!! I was angry when we arrived because I was given misinformation from a travel site about the room rates and even though it was not their fault and had nothing to do with the folks that worked with the hotel they gave us free breakfast for my entire family and it was great!! The room was very clean and I am extremely particular about cleanliness. Great staff, great hotel! I would recommend anyone stay here.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
NormanSales, Director of Sales at Courtyard Norman, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
We GREATLY appreciate your responses, good or bad, and I'm really sorry about the way you got here but I am so so happy you got to try us out and enjoyed it! We appreciate the great response and look forward to you coming again!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 10 March 2012

We stayed at the Courtyard By Marriott Norman while my daughter had a campus visit to OU. The hotel is easy to get to from the OK City Airport, and only about 10 mins from campus.
The rooms are clean, comfortable and nicely appointed. The staff was friendly and helpful. There is free wifi in both the lobby and the rooms, and there is a computer kiosk in the lobby dedicated to printing boarding passes.
I have two very minor complaints - The ventilation fan in the bathroom is so loud that it is truly annoying, and is on the same switch as the light so there is no option of not using it. The walls are fairly thin, so our sleep was disturbed a couple of times during the night by loud groups of people coming down the halls. This was more the fault of the rude people than the hotel, but it was an issue none the less. I have certainly stayed in rooms that were more sound-proofed.
Over all we had a very nice stay and would recommend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 February 2012

After staying at another nearby hotel for my past few business trips to Norman (read my other reviews), I decided to forego the points and stay at the Courtyard next door. I am supremely glad I did! It is a wonderful facility. The staff was very courteous and helpful. The layout of the lobby and business center was very elegant yet friendly. They have a nice lounge that serves good food and drinks. They even have a nice firepit outside to sit around on a comfortable evening like I did with a co-worker.

The room I had was a little on the small side, but that is a very minor quibble. The bathrooms are spacious and the showers/sinks work great unlike some hotels in Norman.

They even had a touch screen in the lobby that allows you to check your flight at OKC!

Oh and the price is the exact same as the other hotels around it. This hotel is a solid winner. Well built and well staffed. I will definitely stay there on all future visits to Norman!

• Stayed February 2012