All reviews typical courtyard marriott courtyard fire pit front desk bedroom suite light sleeper ou campus walking distance lots of parking nice hotel saltgrass steakhouse sooner mall coffee pot stayed here for two nights free breakfast pleasant stay comfortable rooms
Reviewed September 25, 2018

Stayed here for two nights last weekend. Checkin was ok. Front desk clerk seemed a little moody, especially when I asked her to attached my Marriott Rewards number to my reservation. Besides that the service was great the rest of the stay. Have stayed at so many Courtyards that they all kind of seem the same. This one has updated decor that it seems the chain is now going to. Wish the tv came out a little farther to view it from the bed. Room was clean. The thermostat seemed a bit touchy, had to find the sweet spot for it. When I showed up the room was 60 degrees, so a bit icy to start. Breakfast service was great. I did not hit it at a busy time either day, but my food was ready when I needed it so I was happy. All in all a good stay.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed September 17, 2018

Have stayed here a number of times and have always found it satisfactory. This time I thought the room was showing some age. This time my room was facing out the north side of the property, and the room was somewhat awkwardly laid out and cramped. the TV pulled out from the desk and beside the wardrobe in such a way that you could only view it from the bed at an angle and partially obscured from the near side.
Bathroom is tired looking. The whole room really needs refreshing.Once again I felt like the housekeepers were happy to avoid doing service: I saw them in the hall and they said something like, "you need anything?" as if they were only going to do the room if I asked. All I need for short stays is not full cleaning and vacuum, but trash removal and refreshing of coffee service and cups. On troublesome thing was that for most of the weekend I was there the trash can off the ice machine and elevator went unemptied and kept filling. Not a sign of attentiveness. On the plus side, the lobby is very nice and impressive; the courtyard behind with fireplace is pleasant in the evening. Pool is indoors, so no points for that. Lobby staff is unfailingly welcoming and friendly.
Courtyard Norman, you are a reliable hotel but need to up the game a little.

Room Tip: I preferred past rooms facing the front to this one facing the north.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

The lady at the front desk was very nice. Hotel is close to restaurants-within walking distance. Nice hotel. Very clean. Felt safe. The inside of the hotel is a lot nicer than it appears from the outside. Would stay again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2018

Hotel was clean, had a great lobby and bar area, nice staff, convenient location, and nice rooms, and the housekeeping staff who cleaned our room did a great job. In addition, there is a nice courtyard area outside with a firepit.

There were some things with the construction of the rooms that made sleeping very challenging:
* every parking lot noise (e.g. car alarms, cars being locked/unlocked) could be heard through the windows
* every normal volume conversation your neighbors had could be heard through the walls
*every noise from the hallway filtered through the doors (which had plenty of "light" coming in underneath - space between door/door frame)
* the doors are VERY heavy and slam shut -- so every door opening/closing will wake up up -- and my neighbors apparently had no clue that as they ran from each other's room back/forth throughout the hours of 11am - 12:30pm how rude they were being letting the door shut close each time.
* typical AC wall units that go on like a freight train every 20 minutes

Hotel mgmt needs to find some way to soften the closing of the doors and better insulate the noise at least from the hallway into the rooms (and some signs reminding guests that other guests are likely sleeping between the hours of 10PM - 8AM so to please be considerate in their voice volume and door slamming).

(FYI - stayed on the Top Floor, Room 306, facing over the nice fire pit/courtyard)

Try sleeping with the fan on constant to block out some of the noise and bring ear plugs if you are a light sleeper.

One other comment, and this is universal to all Courtyards, I believe, is the refrigerator is very, very small and has no freezer compartment. We were very challenged to stack what we needed to keep cold in that very tiny refrigerator. A freezer compartment would be very helpful to store a microwave meal or an icepack.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Very nice hotel.. the office personnel took care of my wife from the beginning of our trip until the end.
The courtyard area was extremely comfortable and spacious for all of us.
The business area was perfect. The breakfast burrito and sandwich were delicious. The girl running the counter couldn’t have been any nicer.
What a great experience! Good job managing this property.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family