See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 8, 2016

Not sure why there are so many negative reviews about this location.
Yes, it is not in the most upscale part of town and it is near I-35. I stayed here 2 days while visiting Oklahoma City with my dog and never had any problems with people and/or motel staff.
Room was clean and everything worked O.K. including TV, microfridge, microwave. If you stay in a room on the opposite side of the freeway there is little noise. AARP card gets you a discount at all Motel 6's as well as free internet and late check-out and best rate is on Motel 6 website.
I walked my dog outside several times a day including at late at night and never had questionable people congregating outside.
It is very convenient to everything esp. attractions in downtown Oklahoma City.

Room tip: Downstairs on opposite side of freeway. Free internet w/AARP
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Mary E
Reviewed August 18, 2016

Because we travel with our pet dog, we normally stay at Motel 6 as they are pet-friendly. We like road trips and stay at Motel 6 because of the fact that they are pet friendly. We need a respite for the long hours of driving. At the end of the day's drive, we are looking forward to a nice, clean room. We had a very spacious room. It was clean. This location for us was very convenient. Pet area was clean. Staff was friendly and courteous. My recommendation is to make sure that you've picked up your dinner prior to check in. They you can simply unwind.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2016 via mobile

This place is sketchy as hell. We rolled in around 12:30 AM after a long drive. Our beloved dog travels with us, so we tend to frequent Motel 6 because of their extremely friendly pet policy.

Pro: Accepts pets.

Con: The first thing I noticed was trash strewn around the pool area. No matter, we just want to catch a few hours of sleep, not lounge by the swimming pool.

Con: The swimming pool has been filled in with dirt and is now sporting a green lawn. No recreating by the water if you stay here.

Con: There were a couple of homeless/druggie looking people hanging around in the parking lot. Perhaps they were guests who had a rough day and wanted to decompress in the parking lot before retiring to their rooms. God knows I've had days when I was working long hours (driving semi trucks) and I was probably rocking my own homeless/druggie aura. Anyway, we made sure that they saw our German Shepherd, as well as the fact that we unloaded EVERYTHING from our SUV.

Pro: As we were getting ready to go inside, a burly security guard drove up and started questioning the people. Mr. Security sent the folks on their way.

Con: The motel access door that was closest to our room had a busted lock.

Another con: The inside corridor reeked of cigarette smoke. Gross.

Pros: Our room only smelled faintly of smoke. Like, a very minuscule amount. And it seemed to be fairly clean.

Con(?): Our room had a slug hanging around on the wall by the air conditioner. I put a question mark by "con," because our children were oddly thrilled and fascinated by it.

Pro: The people at the desk and the maids were nice.

In conclusion, I would not stay here again. Nor would I stay anywhere in a 5 mile radius, at least. Next time I'll stay in Norman, or drive farther north.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank meowkill
Reviewed March 31, 2016 via mobile

Prostitute outside walking up to cars as we arrived. Three cops also pulled in as we did and were looking for someone. Staff was friendly at least. Husband and I were trying to sleep around 1am. There was a dog a couple rooms over barking and whining for a couple hours. Called front desk and they apologized and said they would try to call the occupants. Dog continued to whine and bark. I walked and talked to the man at the front desk awhile later. He apologized and told me nobody was answering the door but that security was coming and would handle the situation. It still continued for awhile with no fix to the situation. My brother had gotten two rooms for free due to a bad experience at their last Motel 6 elsewhere. His room with his wife was fine because it was located farther down the hall. We were frustrated because we did not sleep well at all and had driven all the way from Minnesota yesterday.

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2016 via mobile

Had a very bad stay at this motel 6 first off we check in at 3 am and about 15 minutes after getting in our room we had prostitutes knocking on the door so we had to run them off then to worry about our car getting broken into because very sketchy people walking around with flashlights looking in people's cars needless to say the room was not very clean and was very loud all night, many sketchy people hanging around the motel best advise is save yourself the money and headache and stay else where.

Date of stay: January 2016