“Fine for what it is.”

Motel 6 Oklahoma City OK South
Ranked #118 of 159 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed 30 March 2017

It's a $40 motel room on the south side of Oklahoma City. And it's only a mile from Oklahoma City's strip club district and a mile from Oklahoma City's version of a red light district. Based on that, I'm not at all surprised by some of the other reviews.

I stayed on a Thursday night, paid $45.54, got a non-smoking room a few steps from the office (i.e. far away from the shenanigans), and parked right in front of the office (i.e. far away from the shenanigans). The room was very clean (looked newly remodeled) and surprisingly didn't smell like smoke (though the hallway did).

If I had kids in tow, I'd stay in a different part of town all together, but by myself when I'm working on-call at a nearby hospital, I doubt you can beat the price or the quality on this side of town.

Front desk staff were courteous and friendly.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 8 October 2016

Not sure why there are so many negative reviews about this location.
Yes, it is not in the most upscale part of town and it is near I-35. I stayed here 2 days while visiting Oklahoma City with my dog and never had any problems with people and/or motel staff.
Room was clean and everything worked O.K. including TV, microfridge, microwave. If you stay in a room on the opposite side of the freeway there is little noise. AARP card gets you a discount at all Motel 6's as well as free internet and late check-out and best rate is on Motel 6 website.
I walked my dog outside several times a day including at late at night and never had questionable people congregating outside.
It is very convenient to everything esp. attractions in downtown Oklahoma City.

Room Tip: Downstairs on opposite side of freeway. Free internet w/AARP
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Mary E
Reviewed 18 August 2016

Because we travel with our pet dog, we normally stay at Motel 6 as they are pet-friendly. We like road trips and stay at Motel 6 because of the fact that they are pet friendly. We need a respite for the long hours of driving. At the end of the day's drive, we are looking forward to a nice, clean room. We had a very spacious room. It was clean. This location for us was very convenient. Pet area was clean. Staff was friendly and courteous. My recommendation is to make sure that you've picked up your dinner prior to check in. They you can simply unwind.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2016 via mobile

This place is sketchy as hell. We rolled in around 12:30 AM after a long drive. Our beloved dog travels with us, so we tend to frequent Motel 6 because of their extremely friendly pet policy.

Pro: Accepts pets.

Con: The first thing I noticed was trash strewn around the pool area. No matter, we just want to catch a few hours of sleep, not lounge by the swimming pool.

Con: The swimming pool has been filled in with dirt and is now sporting a green lawn. No recreating by the water if you stay here.

Con: There were a couple of homeless/druggie looking people hanging around in the parking lot. Perhaps they were guests who had a rough day and wanted to decompress in the parking lot before retiring to their rooms. God knows I've had days when I was working long hours (driving semi trucks) and I was probably rocking my own homeless/druggie aura. Anyway, we made sure that they saw our German Shepherd, as well as the fact that we unloaded EVERYTHING from our SUV.

Pro: As we were getting ready to go inside, a burly security guard drove up and started questioning the people. Mr. Security sent the folks on their way.

Con: The motel access door that was closest to our room had a busted lock.

Another con: The inside corridor reeked of cigarette smoke. Gross.

Pros: Our room only smelled faintly of smoke. Like, a very minuscule amount. And it seemed to be fairly clean.

Con(?): Our room had a slug hanging around on the wall by the air conditioner. I put a question mark by "con," because our children were oddly thrilled and fascinated by it.

Pro: The people at the desk and the maids were nice.

In conclusion, I would not stay here again. Nor would I stay anywhere in a 5 mile radius, at least. Next time I'll stay in Norman, or drive farther north.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank dammitgrrl
Reviewed 31 March 2016 via mobile

Prostitute outside walking up to cars as we arrived. Three cops also pulled in as we did and were looking for someone. Staff was friendly at least. Husband and I were trying to sleep around 1am. There was a dog a couple rooms over barking and whining for a couple hours. Called front desk and they apologized and said they would try to call the occupants. Dog continued to whine and bark. I walked and talked to the man at the front desk awhile later. He apologized and told me nobody was answering the door but that security was coming and would handle the situation. It still continued for awhile with no fix to the situation. My brother had gotten two rooms for free due to a bad experience at their last Motel 6 elsewhere. His room with his wife was fine because it was located farther down the hall. We were frustrated because we did not sleep well at all and had driven all the way from Minnesota yesterday.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2016 via mobile

Had a very bad stay at this motel 6 first off we check in at 3 am and about 15 minutes after getting in our room we had prostitutes knocking on the door so we had to run them off then to worry about our car getting broken into because very sketchy people walking around with flashlights looking in people's cars needless to say the room was not very clean and was very loud all night, many sketchy people hanging around the motel best advise is save yourself the money and headache and stay else where.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2016

I was traveling with my 50lb lab, and needed a room for the night, this worked.

The staff was nice, and there is a small field across from the parking lot that I could walk my dog. The room was clean and the bed was ok.

The problem was the noise. There was almost no insulation between rooms, and nothing to stop the sound from the hallway. It may not have been a big issue without my dog, but she was repeatedly awoken throughout the night, and wanted to know what was going on.

If you are on your way through OKC, and need on night, its worth the price. If you are staying for multiple days, look for somewhere with a little better noise control.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo