All reviews penn square mall great hotel room was clean recommend this hotel hotel restaurant front desk staff definitely stay here again other hotels easy access a great stay hot breakfast business trip convenient location staff was friendly free breakfast hgi lobby
Reviewed October 23, 2018

The one positive I can point out which is why there is one star is the staff otherwise it would be a zero. The staff was friendly and tried to be as accommodating as they could be with what they have to work with. The beds here are terrible. Some kind of foam that does not give at all. Very much like laying on an exam table at the doctor's office. We moved to a room that supposedly had a newer bed and while it was a little better still not anywhere close to comfortable. When your six-year-old climbs up on your bed from his and groans a little and you ask if his body is hurting and he says "little bit mom" that is a good sign those mattresses need to be trucked to the dump immediately. The hotel over all is very run down and in need of updating. One of our lamps had a short, the carpets are stained, the bathroom door would not stay open, the hotel didn't have any luggage racks to use, and the shower was either too hot or too cold. The pool and the hot tub were the exact same temperature, and the pool was pretty dingy. We didn't stay in there very long which was one of the whole reason's we booked this hotel. I can't comment on the breakfast, because with the bad luck we had already had we didn't want to press it by eating breakfast.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
KyleM3273, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oklahoma City Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2018

Dear Jennifer P,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that you had a disappointing experience during your recent stay with us. I am terribly sorry about the condition of the beds in your room. I will be sure to address your comments with my maintenance team directly, to ensure that we are taking every step we can to ensure that this issue does not continue to happen in the future. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, the next time you are in the Oklahoma City area.

Reviewed October 16, 2018

We've been staying at this hotel 5-7 times/year for the past 3 years. Our last stay, 10/11-10/13 was very disappointing. Our room was not cleaned on 10/12. I complained to a supervisor who listened to my complaint but didn't apologize. She agreed to comp the room for that night and to have the room cleaned while we were out for the evening (between 6 pm and 11 pm). When we returned to the room after 11 pm we found the bed was made but the sheets had not been changed, towels were shorted - only 1 set, not enough for 2 guests, no bar soap for the shower, no hot cups for coffee. When my husband went to the front desk for more towels, cups and soap, the representative didn't even bother to apologize. The upside is, in 3 years this is the only time the quality of our stay was this poor. What's sad is, HGI personnel had a chance to recover this misstep with a sincere apology and "Wow!" service but instead, they did the bare minimum. We'll stay there one more time. If the kinks aren't worked out before our return, we'll go elsewhere.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
KyleM3273, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oklahoma City Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2018

Dear MaryLouise2010,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your recent stay. I am sorry about the lack of empathy and and a genuine apology for the issues that you experienced during your recent stay. I can understand the frustration of not receiving the service you have come to expect at Hilton Hotels. I will address your comments with my housekeeping staff, and front desk staff directly. We hope to WOW you during your next stay with us.

Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is clean and has a very nice lobby with plenty of comfortable couches to relax in. The barman was very nice and the breakfast staff made every effort to ensure our needs were met. The rooms are a generous size and the beds confortable. It was cold outside so we spent some time in the hot spa which was very pleasant. It’s about 4 minutes drive from a large shopping mall.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
KyleM3273, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oklahoma City Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2018

Dear Babs666,

Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed interacting with our staff, and that you were able to enjoy our hot tub on a cold day. We hope to see you back again, the next time you are in the Oklahoma City area.

Reviewed October 9, 2018

Hotel is in a good location. Up-kept well. Needs new carpeting and beds. Beds are not that comfortable at all.Some memory foam bed option would be great. Not sure why Hilton does not offer this, others do.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
KyleM3273, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oklahoma City Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2018

Dear normai387,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry we did not exceed expecations with your recent stay. I am sorry about the comfort of the bed in your room. We are in the process of replacing mattresses. I will be sure to address your comments with my maintenance team. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, the next time you are in the Oklahoma City area.

Reviewed October 6, 2018

We booked this HGI based on the previous positive experience. This stay was good overall as staff were accommodating and helpful. We received all the perks of Hilton gold/diamond members. The air conditioner and phones in the room did not work. Staff were very helpful and moved us to another room where everything was in order and we had a great night sleep. We had breakfast at their restaurant and food was typical HGI, service prompt and wait staff professional. We had two problems during this stay 1) Even though Indoor pool was very warm, hot tub was really disappointing as the water coming out of the jets was cold. 2) lack of professionalism from one of the front desk clerk (Nikki) who was addressing me as "my friend/dear, etc. in place of Hilton appropriate mam or miss (the biggest disappointment and a reason for 2 star rating) I was going to mention those two issues at the check out, but gentleman at the front desk never asked me how our stay was, so I thought I'd mention it here, so it will be corrected when we stay next time

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
KyleM3273, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oklahoma City Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2018

Dear USAtraveler365,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your experience at our hotel. I am sorry about the level of service you received, and I will be sure to address your comments with Nikki, and my entire front desk team. I will also address your comments regarding the condition of your first room, and the issue you had with the pool and spa with my maintenance team. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, the next time you are in the Oklahoma City area.