Renaissance Oklahoma City Convention Center Hotel
Autograph
  • Pool
US$139
US$68
All reviewssky bridgevalet parkingthe concierge loungeopen atriumclub levelbeautiful lobbybricktown areahotel is beautifulper daybrick townbit datedbreakfast buffetfloor roomchesapeake arenarooms are nicebusiness tripstaff was friendly
Reviewed March 8, 2012

I just spent the night at the Renaissance and conducted a confernece in the ajoining conference center. I have stayed at this hotel several times over the years and I have found the valet staff to really work hard to assist guest. However, I can not say the same for the level of service offered by the hotel staff.

First of all it is very difficult to get to this hotel. It is downtown, but on this occasion almost ever street was under construction. My GPS seemed to get as frustrated as me. I finally called the hotel to get directions and the young man who answered the telephone had no idea of how guide me the few blocks I needed to go. The Renaissance is basically a convention hotel and is usually busy with large groups of people attending conferences at the convention center.

After reaching the hotel I checked in and even though I am a Marriott Platinum Premier Elite member, the hotel could not even provide me a room on the club level. However, I did have access to the club and the staff were kind enough to put me in a suite. When I went up to the club I found the oly food they were serving was meat balls, and they were cold. I had alraedy been warned about ordering food from the restaurant, so I decided to go out for dinner.

The hotel room hot and it was several hours before I could get the room cooled down. My Marriott profile calls for extra towels in my room, but I found only two towels. In addition, my suite did not even have the usual robe that Marriott places in room. When taking a shower I discovered the shower head was clogged and water sprayed in ever direction.

It was very windy the night I was int he hotel and my room was close to the hotel flags. Throughout the night the flapping of the flags kept me awake. Then after getting to sleep, the radio alarm went off at 4:30 AM. Evidently house keeping failed to check to ensure that it had been turned off from the previous guest.

When checking in I had severl boxes of materials and the young lady at the front desk told me she would chck to see if she could places the boxes in my conference room. I asked her to call me and let me know where the boxes would be placed. She never called me back and the next moring the boxes were still setting were I left them. I am lucky they were not stolen or misplaced.

At 12:00 noon when checking out, I left a note for the manager outlning my concerns with the hotel. I returned to the front desk at 4:00 PM, after my conference just to see if the General Manager had left a message for he. The GM had not, and has still not contacted me.

The Renaissance Hotel is a great hotel for people attending a conference, but I would not select to stay at this property unless I just had no choice. Construction around the hotel is terrible and the hotel staff certainly do not provide the level of service I am use to receiving from a Marriott hotel.

Room Tip: Don't expect great customer service from the hotel staff.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank FLJ021251
RenaissanceOKC, General Manager at Renaissance Oklahoma City Convention Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2012

It is disappointing when a guest leaves and feels they did not have their expectations met nor does it reflect the high standards of customer service that we set. While we never like to read that one of our guests has experienced poor service, we are always grateful for the feedback so that we may address the issues with our managers. We are truly sorry that the city’s road construction presented so many obstacles for you as you made your way to the hotel. Please accept our apologies for any inconveniences you may have experienced. Thank you for sharing your story with us.

Reviewed March 5, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel 9 times over the last 9 years. So we are familiar with the hotel. We like the location, with in walking distance to Brick town. Valet parking is the best way to park, but runs $25 per night. Generally very busy on Saturday nights. There is always a major event in town. Best deals are rooms that include breakfast buffet, which is very good, will make to order omelets, good fruit selection and great coffee. Nice exercise room, pool is always crowded on Saturday and Sundays as large number of families stay here. They do have complimentary limo, Cliff the driver is very nice and will answer all questions you have on downtown. Took us past the OKC memorial at night, which is down the block from the hotel. King rooms are nice, suites are great two rooms with wet bar. Rooms used to have a mini bar but have not for several years.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank mdvm
Reviewed March 5, 2012

I booked through Hotels.com. Received confirm. Paid full price for the week ($1200). Well, the Renaissance over-booked. Everyone has their share of blame in this one. Yes, it was booked through Hotels.com, but it is up to Renaissance to update their inventory. I received a phone call from Hotels/Expedia the day I was to check-in, as I was boarding the plane. They told me that sometimes the hotel would find a room for me if I showed up, or else I would have to be rebooked to the only other nearby hotel, a Econolodge over 2 miles away and for a refund of $700. Really, its $500 a week at the Econolodge, Hotels.com? I told them I had to go (plane taking off) and would see what happens at the Renaissance because she stated that the RENAISSANCE WAS STILL LISTING THAT THEY HAD INVENTORY. Well, the Renaissance didn’t even have my reservation, let alone a room. Nothing could be done. No rooms available. We’d be happy to drive you to a new hotel and don’t let the revolving door hit you on the way out. Did I mention the hour and a half with Renaissance staff on the phone with Hotels and then me on the phone with them? In short, I fulfilled my responsibilities as a guest. I booked. I received a confirmation. My credit card was changed with the full amount. I arrived at the hotel with bags in hand. It warms my heart that everyone was apologetic about the situation, but the Renaissance turned me away. The Renaissance should not overbook. If they do, they should make sure that people cannot make reservations, let alone pay in full. They should have “found” me a room that hotels always seem to have just in case. I had, after all, already paid. Now, we can await the Management’s response below, apologizing, yet again, for any inconveniences…blah blah blah. You turned me away. Its Hotels.com fault. Its Expedia’s fault. The Sun revolves around the Earth. Gremlins overran the hotel. There was a glitch in the system. You turned me away. I booked. I paid. I came. I saw. I was politely thrown out. And I didn’t even get a t-shirt.

Room Tip: Make sure that they actually have a room first.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank Adam L

We sincerely regret being unable to accommodate your room request with the issues you encountered with the third party site. Had there been availability, we would have happily helped you with your stay. Your frustration is understandable but unfortunately we do not control the maintenance of the room inventory with other sites. Thank you for sharing the details of your experience with us.

Reviewed February 21, 2012

I was traveling to Oklahoma City with a friend to see all the sights and decided to do a last minute Priceline which assigned me to this hotel. What a great deal for such an awesome hotel! I usually don't give as many excellents as I've listed here on a review. The staff at this hotel really goes out of their way to make sure you are taken care of. The bell boy, concierge and doormen are all outstanding. They held our bags after check out when we wanted to walk around the city.

The hotel has a complimentary limo that will take guests and drop them off in the Bricktown Entertainment District. We used the limo to get there even though it is just a few blocks away and can be walked. It was a nice touch to starting a night off right.

Checkin was really easy. I was a little confused at first as they have several different random desks in the lobby area where you can check in. It was quick and easy. I only had to wait behind one person while at the desk I chose. They have little dum dum suckers sitting on the desks if you would like one.

This hotel has about 19 stories. The atrium area is really nice with flowing water over beautiful river stones. There are a couple of restaurants and bars in the hotel as well; but we never used any of them for their services. I was only there one night so I didn't have time to check out the pool or fitness center at all. I did have trouble finding the gift shop as it was actually located within the cafe restaurant. There wasn't much to the gift shop at all.

Our room was on the 3rd floor in room 322. It was nicely appointed. We had the two queens room. The remote to the TV didn't work; but I am not much of a TV watching person anyway. I just used the side buttons to put on some music. We had a great view out of the window of our room even being on the 3rd floor. The bathroom was spacious and the mirror/sink areas were good. The shower had great water pressure and temperature. I definitely slept well here. The beds are comfortable.

We were able to walk to Bricktown the next day and wandered all around that area and along the little canal. We also were able to walk to the Botanical Gardens and to the Oklahoma City Memorial. This hotel is also close to the arenas located there in downtown as well. I really enjoyed my time at the Renaissance and had a great experience here.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank kts70281
RenaissanceOKC, General Manager at Renaissance Oklahoma City Convention Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2012

It was absolutely wonderful to read your review and learn of your experiences in OKC and at the Renaissance Oklahoma City Convention Center Hotel. We are thrilled that during your short stay, you were able to explore Bricktown, visit Myriad Botanical Gardens and also see the Oklahoma City National Memorial! You certainly made the most of the time you were here. On your next visit to Oklahoma City we would love to welcome you back again and hopefully for a little bit longer stay.

Reviewed February 21, 2012

I have stayed at the Renaissance several time in the last couple of years and have never had a disappointing stay. This time was no different. The only down spot was the streets in Bricktown are torn up and traffic is a problem. The hotel was very helpful with directions, and free limo service around the area.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SoonerMom3

At the Renaissance Oklahoma City Convention Center Hotel, we value our guests and are always proud to learn that we continue to live up to your expectations. We're delighted that our staff was able to help you with directions and getting around any obstacles due to the road construction. Thank you for being a loyal and frequent visitor of the Renaissance Oklahoma City Convention Center Hotel and we hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.