“Better Than Average Budget Price”

Baymont Inn & Suites Oklahoma City
Ranked #33 of 154 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed 15 June 2011

I stayed at the Hampton Inn at Quail Springs this week. I often have occasion to spend the night in the Edmond area, and have tried several of the hotels there. This one was clean, comfortable, and met my needs well enough. The bed was good, the linens soft, the tv was a nice flat screen, and the ladies at the front desk were some of the friendliest I have found anywhere. My room had a microwave and a refrigerator, as well. The only negative observations I have include the fact that there was a significant amount of mold growing on the lower part of the shower curtain, and the shower head did not work well. So much for a relaxing shower after a hard day! The air conditioner was the window type, and it was not really consistent with the temperature, so my night was interrupted a bit by a poor air quality. There was also an unusual odor on entering the room; not horrible, just not pleasant. There was breakfast for those who wanted to take advantage of it, and it looked good, with hot food, waffles, juice, and the cold fare. I did not eat there, in part because of the communal table. That just is not my preference. The breakfast area is clean and nice, but I do not want to eat at a table full of people I do not know and have no need to get to know. In summary, I know I can do better but I still managed to get a good night's rest and the price was right. The location was good for me, too, since it is right across from the mall and there are many restaurants from which to choose. I do not plan to stay at the Hampton again, although it is less for its faults than for the better quality of another near by hotel. It is, after all, always best to get the most bang for your buck!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
QuailSpringsHI_GM, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and view with us, they are most appreciated.

Reviewed 13 March 2011

It smells. No matter what they are using, stale smoke odor permeates the hotel. We walked by a cleaning cart in the hallway this morning (3/13/11) laden with dirty ashtrays.
This is an older property and the new linens, curtains, etc are a feeble attempt to mask the worn mattress, thin walls and uneven flooring. The pool area was ok. The whirlpool ( missing a couple of tiles) was at a decent temperature, but the pool was very cold. The entry had a few beverage options, but not like the offerings in the Abilene Hampton (which were fantastic). The staff was friendly and check in/out was speedy. We won't be staying at this Hampton again.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
QuailSpringsHI_GM, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2011

We apologize that you found your stay less than the Hampton Standard. We are under renovations and have moved all the smoking rooms to one area to eliminate the smoke from traveling. I very much appreciate your comments and hope that you will visit us again. Have a great summer

Reviewed 14 October 2010

Travelling on vacation it is always comforting to arrive at a Hampton and find the 24 hour coffee machines, at Quail Springs, they are the first thing you see in the lobby. The staff here are very pleasant and helpful. The hotel is very clean and tidy, especially the breakfast room. The location just off the turnpike is ideal with approx 12 restaurants within one miles drive. If you can find fault with this hotel I suggest you stay at home in future !!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2010

Typical Hampton with two exceptions. Smoking rooms near elevator on 3rd floor (not sure about other floors). Smell fills hall and filters into all rooms on 3. Camplained and begrudgingly got moved. Older female clerk either smoked or had sympathy for it. Attitude about the request for room change and snide comment with Fabreze sprayer in hand stating she didn't smell anything in the room so only sprayed the hall. We sure didn't feel wanted.

Reviewed 18 August 2007

I stayed at the Hompton Inn Quail Springs for one night August 4th. The room was clean and the bed was comfy. The breakfast buffet was enjoyable. I did not make a reservation before I left my house but I managed to get a room. The hotel was full. I had to take a smoking room but it was my fault for not planning ahead! The room was not too stinky. The front desk people were very friendly. No problems at all.

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank alohagirl56
Reviewed 29 May 2007

We stayed here while waiting to close on our house. This is an average, adequate Hampton Inn. Right off the Turner Turnpike in North Oklahoma City, across from Quail Springs Mall. Plenty of restaurants nearby (Mimi's Cafe on the North side of the Turnpike is excellent). Breakfast buffet is average. If you're visiting family or on your way through, a good place to spend a night or two...

• Stayed: May 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Four2Ski
Reviewed 28 March 2006

I stayed at the Quail Springs Hampton Inn on business for 5 days.
Location: Great! Quail Springs Mall is across the hwy. Lots of resturants in the area. Convenient hwy access.
Continental breakfast included. On you're way out in the morning, they also have "to go-lunch sacks" at the front desk. It included fruit, bottled water, gum, and a granola bar.
Coffee pot, hairdryer, shampoo, conditioner, bubble bath, etc all in the room.
Room: Your average room. Not bad, everything worked properly. However, the first room I selected was a smoking room. (I ocassionally smoke, typically outside) Mistake, the room smelled so horrible I had to be changed to another room. I was nice, patient & pleasant about it & they made the change no problem.
The parking lot was well lit, so I felt safe returning in the evening.
I would rate the hotel a 3* Someplace to stay while travelling through the area or in town for business. My overall experience with the hotel was good & would stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2006, travelled on business