“Very impressed with the facility, staff, and owner”

Ramada Oklahoma City Near Bricktown
Ranked #112 of 148 Hotels in Oklahoma City
“Very impressed with the facility, staff, and owner”
Reviewed 11 February 2012

Highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for the downtown bricktown experience!

• Stayed February 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Edgewater, Colorado
Reviewed 26 January 2012

By the looks of this place from the outside and the location by a Waffle House and two truck stops, you wouldn't expect it to be so nice on the inside. The room was very clean and had a nice bed, a big flat screen tv with lots of cable channels and a really nice shower. As nice as hotels for twice the price in the same general area. Breakfast was certainly adequate (what do you expect for a steal of a nightly rate?). The shuttle drivers were awesome and just made me feel like I was the most important person in OKC. Front desk staff was very nice too and gave me pointers on where to go for a run (you don't want to head down MLK from the sounds of it, but otherwise the neighborhood is okay).
I am a fan of places like this, great price and awesome service with a clean room with everything you need + breakfast---i'll be back.

Room Tip: a room that doesn't face the truck stop (one is basically in the same parking lot) may be better...
Greenbrier, Arkansas
Reviewed 25 January 2012

The outside was kinda scary upon arrival... but the inside was very clean, and the staff very nice and eager to help. Our room was simple, but remember it was clean. I have stayed at more expensive hotels that were not that clean. The breakfast area was very roomy, and staff there to make the waffles. The shuttle is a BIG PLUS!!! not having to fight traffic, and front door arrival was very nice. The drivers were nice, and suggested good places to eat.
Both shuttles were busy, and the owner took us in the VIP hummer. I liked that he was on site during the busy weekend. He also drove the shuttle van a couple of times. All in all we would stay there again. The beds were comfortable. remember... don't judge a book by it's cover. With the money we saved we were able to do more things in OKC>

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Galveston, Texas
Reviewed 25 January 2012

When I frst got to the hotel, I was a little put off by the outside appearance of the hotel and the location. It's not an area where you're going to want to walk around. And the hotel does look old from the outside. But, since I paid for the hotel in advance via cheaprooms.com, I knew I had to give it a chance. And I'm very glad I did because my room was very clean and very large.

I checked the bedding for bugs and found nothing, very very clean. I checked the bathroom and didn't find any major grout issues, which can be common in older hotels. It looked as though the hotel was refreshed recently or has been maintained well. Either way, I would stay there again. I wish they would've had a fitness room, but they did have a basic breakfast.

Room Tip: The hotel is not walking distance to Bricktown, but they have continuous shuttles to take you there.
1 Thank frequenttravels69
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 25 January 2012

I am a business traveler and I spend over two thirds of each year traveling around the country. When I am in OKC I would not dream of staying anywhere else but the Bricktown Hotel. Some of the factors that keep me coming back are as follows.

1) The excellent service. All the staff is so helpful and friendly and they make me feel like family.
2) the ridiculously affordable price for what I get, is what keeps me coming back. $75-125 per night depending on events and time of year.
3) The close proximity to everything that OKC has to offer. Approximately 1 mile to brick town, and the boat house district, and O.U. med center, and all the other stuff that’s going on.
4) No one else in town offers the free shuttle to anywhere, which I found to be a surprisingly big deal. Sometimes I don’t even rent a car because they pick me up from the airport and shuttle me anywhere I want to go. It’s very nice!
5) The cleanliness of the facility is second to none.
6) The large rooms with very comfortable furniture.
7) They have very nice breakfast.
8) VALUE, VAULE, VALUE, FOR THE BUCK……….CLEAN……..FAMILY & PET FRIENDY………VALUE !!

You know , I never take the time to write reviews , but I simply felt compelled to do this because it’s nice to see a business that cares so much about their customers. I bet this place is a family owned & run business( where the owner is always present) because it’s obvious that their business model is value, affordability, and customer satisfaction before company profits. THEY DON’T SKIMP.

Sincerely

Patrick M
California
Commercial R.E. Investor

Bedford, TX
Reviewed 24 January 2012

My husband and I (seniors) wanted to get away for the weekend - we booked the Amtrak and the Bricktown hotel and absolutely enjoyed both experiences! The hotel is not in a good part of town, that much is true - but the availability of the free shuttle was FANTASTIC. We never had to leave the hotel except to get straight into the bus which took us every place we wanted to go within minutes of calling. Took a trip to the Remington Casino and the shuttle was back to pick us up before we left the building!! The drivers were polite, very knowledgeable about the city, and above all - they are ALL employees of the hotel. Each and every person we came in contact with was eager to serve our needs, polite and something you don't ordinarily see at motels - they all genuinely wanted to make sure our stay was good, safe and enjoyable. Its an older hotel and rooms certainly need updating but everything was always clean which is more important to me than fancy decorations. And, I never go to any hotel without my disinfectant spray and wipes, to matter how upgraded they are. The breakfast wasn't anything extraordinary but it was the same as any "continental" breakfast - the area was VERY clean, roomy, always well stocked and best of all, there was an attendant always monitoring the line and making waffles for you and not 5 year olds making a mess like we usually see!!

One disappointment is we didn't get to ride in the Hummer shuttle in the picture but that was OK, too!! We definitely be back again and we will highly recommend this hotel to others! Thanks again!!

Room Tip: ALWAYS try to get an inside room - the outside rooms were too close to the parked cars, and there wa...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank margi m
hotelokc, Owner at Ramada Oklahoma City Near Bricktown, responded to this review, 25 January 2012
Thanks for your comments and suggestions. Yes I am proud of having a CLEAN Hotel and also my friendly and courteous staff. As for the location of the hotel there are some soon to be big changes on the horizon. Across the street from my hotel they are building a $180 Million Dollar Native American Museum and the city has plans to spend $3.2 Million on street improvements, sidewalks, landscaping leading along Reno up to my front door. Also, less than one mile down Reno the city is building a $60 Million Dollar man-made white water rafting part and Sandridge Energy is building a youth pavilion and adventure attractions in the Boathouse District on the Oklahoma River. The SandRidge Youth Pavilion is designed to provide adventure activities that include a Sky Trail™ course, a zip line across the Oklahoma River, an outdoor climbing wall and indoor surf park. My plans are for a Knock Out renovation to the Exterior and new furnishings in the rooms. So, on your next visit to the Hotel you might not recognize the place or the immediate surroundings. And I will definitely give you the Hummer Shuttle treatment personally. Thanks again for your comments.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Stayed here during a weekend visit. Location is awful -- right off a busy highway, by the well used train tracks, across from a large truck stop. No charm, ugly mustard colored rooms with no updating, no frills bath, unkept inner courtyard and a bare bones breakfast. Spend the extra bucks to feel safer unless you're arriving after dark & leaving before daybreak.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank CathKorp
hotelokc, Owner at Ramada Oklahoma City Near Bricktown, responded to this review, 24 January 2012
Thanks for your review of my Hotel. I do agree with you on the No Frills. My free wi-fi, laundry, breakfast, free shuttle and most friendly staff is all included. However if you need the designer furniture, the Serenity Beds, the 250-thread-count linens and down duvets and pillows, then may I suggest the Skirvin Hilton on your next visit to OKC. Oh and Yes, you will probably pay 3 times more but you will receive the pampering you are probably accustomed to. I am very sorry you did not appreciate the great value my hotel has to offer as do most other guests who can’t afford your higher standards. I continue to look for ways to improve and yet keep my rates affordable for the families and young people visiting our great city. Once again, thank you for your comments.