All reviews rooftop bar top floor great boutique midtown area huge shower soaking tub corner king room street noise beautiful hotel hotel entrance mile radius wedding weekend shuttle service guest rooms business trip valet parking i highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed November 7, 2018 via mobile

We were a little nervous about staying somewhere other than Bricktown, but this hotel stole our hearts! It’s located on a happening street in midtown. Walking distance to eat, shop and drinks. The building has recently been remodeled. It has all the modern needs with an old charm to it. The staff was top notch! They do not offer double beds though so you have to be okay with sharing a bed. There is also a rooftop bar!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank okiemom27
JasonC7044, Director of Operations at Ambassador Hotel Oklahoma City, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2018

Dear okiemom27,
Thanks for giving us a chance and breaking away from Bricktown! I am happy to learn that we didn't disappoint the chance that you took on us and our Midtown neighborhood. We look forward to welcoming you all back again soon!

Reviewed November 6, 2018 via mobile

Wonderful property. It’s classy, elegant, quiet, beautifully managed, super clean and perfect in every way. We thought the location was terrific. Plenty of walkable dining options nearby and if you don’t want to walk, transportation is available. Both the Bar (rooftop) and Dining within the Hotel are excellent. Service is exemplary. We thoroughly enjoyed the live jazz and big view up top and got a kick out of the Guests Swing Dancing. Good times!!
The two extremely kind professional gentlemen at the front desk were warm, welcoming and helpful. I hope I have their correct names-James and Gary. I should have made an effort to verify that versus asking at checkout who they were. Our room was ADA, but still great for someone like us who doesn’t require those modifications. Everything we needed-nice fluffy towels including a makeup towel, robe, laundry bag, pod beverages, decent toiletries, some snack options, ice machine down the hall, magazines, good climate control-albeit a bit noisy, excellent lighting, super wonderful bed and bedding, writing desk, chaise, carwash sized shower and the facilities. Perfect.
The hipster Valets and Bar Staff are worth mentioning too. Everyone seemed to genuinely care about providing us the best experience and also care about their surroundings and fellow employees.
So happy we found this Hotel. It’s certainly amongst the top boutique properties we’ve visited. All this and for such a very reasonable price right here in OKC.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Challenger007,

What a lovely review you have shared, and I'm so pleased to read the complete experience that you had on our property-- and that it satisfied you in so many regards! We are privileged to have such an amazing team from top to bottom, and I appreciate you mentioning Gary and James. They are two of our finest, to be sure. I am sharing your review with everyone here at the Ambassador for us to remember how our efforts combine to create such memorable experience for our guests. Please come see us again soon!

Reviewed November 5, 2018 via mobile

The parking is awful.. it’s a hike to get to the hotel. Not covered and definitely not a safe feeling. The room was mediocre. Wouldn’t consider it in walking distance of bricktown. The employees were friendly. The bar upstairs was very nice. The pool was beautiful. Enjoyed both of those.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
JasonC7044, Director of Operations at Ambassador Hotel Oklahoma City, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2018

Hi Karra O,

Thanks so much for your recent stay with us, and for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor! I'm so sorry to hear of the challenge that our parking provided to you! We are grateful for even that parking that we have in our ever-increasingly busy Midtown Neighborhood, but I know how frustrating it can be. We will hopefully be a Valet only establishment soon, to avoid this trouble for you and our future guests!

Thank you for speaking warmly of our staff, as well as our bar and pool. We are proud of each of these elements, and I'm happy they contributed to make your stay memorable.

Reviewed October 21, 2018

My mother and I stayed here for a couple of nights while moving my son into college. The room was gorgeous and very comfortable. I didn't like the parking situation and they were dealing with some construction issues but as long as we used valet parking (not complimentary), it was not an issue. For anyone wanting to use the gym, it was outside and around the back of the building (I believe next door) which as a female going alone at night in an urban area, I was not too happy to discover. That would be my only complaint. The hotel and staff otherwise were excellent.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
JasonC7044, Director of Operations at Ambassador Hotel Oklahoma City, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2018

Hi Stephanie B,

Thanks so much for staying with us! I'm sorry that the streetcar construction was such a nuisance to you, but we're happy to be moving beyond that now that it is almost operational. I can also empathize with you regarding our gym, and I'm sorry it is located next door. We worked with a very particular set of confines in renovating our 1929 building, and I wish that there would have been just a tad more space for the fitness center. I hope we can welcome you back for your next visit to your son, and please don't hesitate to ask if I can be of further assistance to you before then.

Reviewed October 8, 2018

When we arrived it was pouring rain. The bellhop/valet came running out with an umbrella and proceeded to help us get our luggage on the luggage cart. He hurried us in and took care of the rest outside with our luggage and parking our vehicle. Once inside, the front desk clerks we very welcoming. Before I even asked about an upgrade for my Gold status, I was greeted with "We have upgraded you to one of our premium corner rooms with a view". Before I could say thank you, they produced two bottles of water which came at a great time as we were parched.

When we arrived at our room, we were shocked at how large it was. The decor was amazing and there were windows all around. There was a large soaker tub along with a great separate enclosed shower. The room was very quiet and very comfortable.

After settling in, we met some of our friends on the rooftop bar. As I mentioned before, it was raining so we couldn't go on the outside portion of the bar, but our table against the solid glass wall was non-the-less spectacular.

From start to finish, our quick, one-night stay at the Ambassador was certainly a memorable one and I know we have found a home for all of our future stays in OKC.

Room tip: Get an upgraded room with a view, it's worth it. Southside has the better views.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
JasonC7044, Director of Operations at Ambassador Hotel Oklahoma City, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2018

Dear Russell H,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to share you experience on Trip Advisor! I was delighted to read your review, and am so proud of our team here and all of the details that they seamlessly executed to make your stay so memorable! We look forward to welcoming you back during your next stay!