“Only good things to say about this place”

Governors Suites Hotel
Ranked #40 of 148 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Goodland, Kansas, United States
“Only good things to say about this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

We got an incredible rate. The rooms were huge, seeming more like an efficiency apartment than a hotel. I've lived in smaller spaces. The bed was like a dream. Decor reminded us of a courtyard in France with palm trees and ornamental wrought iron. Breakfast was great. We'd cheerfully stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Roxie1203
daysinn24913, Guest Relations Manager at Governors Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 19 February 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review. It is our goal to make sure that ur guests have a pleasant, relaxed stay, When people like you write such noce reviews we know that we are doing the right things

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

Stayed at this hotel 2 nights and the second night I opened the cabinet under the sink in the bathroom to find two large brown recluse spiders on glue boards. Needless to say, I did not get any sleep that second night.
Upon checkout, I asked to speak to the owner. Once I told him of my findings he replied, "Yes, I am familiar with brown recluse spiders, we had them in India". He said they use exterminator's once a month and the spiders must be left over from the last treatment. I guess only the health department could ask to see those receipts.
The hotel in general is very dark and depressing. The breakfast they advertise is actually coffee and bagels, toast and a few muffins. Which is fine. That wasn't something I cared about.
Once I went to leave the front desk clerk offered me a card with a $40 off my next visit. What a joke, I would rather go camping and take my chances than sleep somewhere with those deadly spiders and an owner that could care less.

Room Tip: Since I had my camera with me you can see the brown recluse spiders under the sink.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Kristi_12
daysinn24913, Guest Relations Manager at Governors Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 26 February 2013
We are truly sorry that you had such a disappointing stay ot our hotel. There are copies of the extermination receipts, but the fact that there were glue boards present should have been some proof.
The entire property is in the process of being remodeled at this time with new paint, furniture, TV's and carpet through-out the property.
Your have the discount so we would like to have you stop the next time you are in the area and at least take another look and see the updates that have been made.
Again, we want to apologize for the issues you encounted on your last stay.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2011

i have stay at the Governors Suites Hotel a few time since my last review.i have to say everyone is nice there.i had said something about the gravy being thin when i went back 3 days later it was just right so they do try hard to please everyone.Keep up the good work.I will be back

Room Tip: i always ask for the same room
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Thank you for your very nice review. it is always a pleasure when our guests share their experiencs with others and it helps us know that we are doing the right things to keep our guest coming back for future stays.
mobile
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2011

I was just visiting from Alabama and decided to stop in and was pleasantly surprised. This is a very clean and cozy hotel. It has lots of amenities including full hot breakfast, swimming pool, sauna, spa etc... The service was great and I plan on returning everytime I am in Oklahoma. I had a great room with a comfortable bed, large bathroom and sitting area. Breakfast was a pleasant experience. There were many choices to select from and all hot and fresh foods. The seating area was large, open and comfortable, Can't say enough about this Hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank aimee s
govsuites, Guest Relations Manager at Governors Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review.
Hartsville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2011

We stayed here while driving from New Mexico to South Carolina. The room was outstanding with a great king size bed that was sooooooooooo comfortable. The sitting area had a wide screen TV, a couch, desk, chair, refrigerator, microwave. The room was quiet and comfortable. The staff was very nice. The breakfast was great since it had more than just muffins and cereal. And, the price was outstanding. For the about one-third less of the price for a room at a Holiday Inn, you get twice the room! Next time I am in Oklahoma City, the Governors Suties Hotel is where I am staying!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RichardZ
govsuites, Guest Relations Manager at Governors Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Reeds Spring, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2011

We stayed here at the end of a 3 week vacation out west. We usually stay over in Ok. on
our way to our home in Mo. This hotel/motel was a great place to relax, so spacious &
pleasant. The only "problem" was in the sofa cushions...worn out. Mary the 3 to 11 desk
clerk was so sweet and pleasant. The parking was close to our room, the breakfast was
very good in pleasant surroundings. We hope to come back in a few weeks from now.
The location is very convenient to I-40. After a delicious meal at our favorite restaurant,
"Trappers" (which is nearby), it was nice to return to this lovely room.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Thanks for your very kind review
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2011

I really enjoyed my stay at the Governors Suites. Yes the hotel is a bit dark and dated, but for the price, I have nothing to complain about. The room was very large and comfortable. Our king suite had a really nice, comfortable bed, a desk area, a couch, a large vanity and decent bathroom, a microwave and a refrigerator. The hotel had a fitness room, spa, and sauna. The free breakfast was great — eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits & gravy, cereal (would've loved some fruit, though). The staff was very friendly. If you're looking for a nice hotel with a good price in this area, I'd highly recommend this one.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family