“Great Location, Just Prepare and/or Adjust for Outside Noise”

Residence Inn Oklahoma City Downtown/Bricktown
Ranked #40 of 151 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My wife and I met up with some friends of our in OKC for a weekend and stayed at the Residence Inn. In terms of location, it's hard to beat. You're smack dab in the middle of Bricktown...within walking distance of just about anything you would want to do. For the hotel's location, you know you're going to pay a premium for the room. Our room was located on the north side of the building...the side that looks toward the ballpark and the rest of Bricktown. All the weekend nightlife, people showing off how supped up their car/truck engine is, and the occasional ambulance siren going by makes for a difficult night of sleep. I highly recommend earplugs and/or asking for a room on the south side of the building. The bed was "okay" comfort wise...but maybe I noticed a slight lack in comfort in the bed due to the fact that I was awake more because of the noise outside. Overall, the room was just fine and the breakfast in the morning was sufficient enough to satisfy my need for morning sustenance. It was a very good stay with a near and dear friends, just make sure you prepare yourself should you hit the sack before all the other party people do.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side of the building may be quite a bit quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank bswiatowy
OKC_RI, General Manager at Residence Inn Oklahoma City Downtown/Bricktown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor! We truly appreciate your comments and are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with your close friends. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again when you come back to visit OKC. Thanks Again!

Christian Harris

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Oklahoma City Downtown/Bricktown

Reviewed 7 January 2012

Stayed at hotel for one night as part of a road trip. Very good OKC location, very accessible to downtown attractions. Check-in was fast and speedy. Requested a crib and it was delivered right away. There was a bt of noise at night due to rumblings of trucks driving by but nothing that kept us awake. As for the hotel, it is very modern and well kept up (undertand only a few years old) and one of the nicest RI's I've stayed at. Loved it!
I must extend gratitude to Night Auditor for providing such welcoming service.... truly someone who loves their job and loves to help people!!! I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 4 January 2012

My husband and I stayed in this Residence Inn during the last week of December. I chose it specifically because the room is a suite with a kitchen. Another nice thing about it is its location in Bricktown, within easy walking distance of several restaurants, a large movie theater, the baseball stadium, the basketball stadium, and a few shops. The canal just outside the hotel is very nice for a stroll. The hotel has an outdoor pool, a basketball court, an indoor spa tub, a fitness room, and a business room with a printer. There's also a complimentary breakfast downstairs in the dining area. Parking is free with long stays, otherwise there's a daily charge. Pets are allowed.

Concerning the room, it was basically clean and comfortable, though I found the mattress to be a bit too firm, which tended to make my shoulders and hips ache. Though our room faced the highway at the back, I didn't notice any disturbance from highway noise. The kitchen was reasonably well-equipped, having a refrigerator, dishwasher, two-burner glass cooktop, microwave oven, toaster, coffee maker, 4 sets of dishes (large plates, small plates, small bowls, small glasses, large glasses, wine glasses, mugs), 3 glass mixing/storage bowls with lids, a plastic measuring cup and collander, 2 small plastic microwave-safe containers, 3 metal pots of various sizes, 1 metal frying pan, cutlery (knives, forks, spoons), paring knives, spatula, various large plastic spoons, a can opener, measuring spoons, potholders, towels, scrubbers, 2 placemats, napkins (cloth and paper towels), and a small plastic cutting board.

Not knowing who had been in the room previously, and noticing some stuck-on food on some of the cutlery, I decided the wisest thing to do was run everything through the dishwasher before using it. I also cleaned the countertop myself since I found some sticky spots.

On the whole, we were very happy with the room and the location. I especially liked that I could cook breakfast and dinner so we only had to eat out once a day.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DebiDalio
Reviewed 18 December 2011

We stayed at this hotel for a friend's wedding. We travelled from Australia and were in Oklahoma City for about a week.

Firstly, the reception desk staff were very helpful. Nothing was a hassle. For instance, I had to wrap a present for the wedding. They lent me sticky tape and scissors. I know it doesn't sound like much but it made our lives easier.

The breakfasts were fantastic and it felt great not having to search for something to eat every morning. There was a good array of food with healthy options available. This set us up well each day. There's even a waffle iron for a bit of fun! Most nights there was an event on and drinks and food served for free. I thought this was a very hospitable touch.

The hotel is situated very close to Bricktown's many night spots, restaurants and attractions (yes including Bass Pro Outdoor World!). This saved us a heap of $$ not catching cabs around. We were able to catch the trolley around town which is safe and free.

The rooms were spaced out giving heaps of room to relax. We appreciated having a lounge room and kitchen separate from our bedroom. The laundry also came in handy and was cheap to use.

We loved that the lobby had a business centre which was free and stocked with computers, printers, paper and a large information touch screen with printer. The free wifi internet was accessible from our room on the 6th floor.

I'd definately come back to this hotel and it certainly made me more loyal to the Marriot Residence Inn brand of hotels.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A D
Reviewed 3 December 2011

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME! Best hotel I've visited in quite a while. The staff was very professional, the cleanliness was immaculate, breakfast was phenomenal, and the rooms are gorgeous. Totally worth renting. Unfortunately I don't remember the majority of the staffs names but two in particular stood out! Thank you to Bryan, and Desiree for making my experience with your hotel mind-blowing! It was a pleasure from beginning to end.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank James D
Reviewed 30 November 2011

I frequently stay in okc for business and usually stay at a hilton but i thought i would mix it up and stay in this great hotel i had heard so much about. To start off, the front desk was terribly unprofessional. I felt unwelcome and a burden. The girls phone was going off the entire time i was checking in. The food was pathetic and parking was even worse. I got harrassed by homeless people. This hotel is not worth the money. I will never be back.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank czandhk
OKC_RI, General Manager at Residence Inn Oklahoma City Downtown/Bricktown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2011

Dear Valued guest, we are sorry to hear about your experience. We appreciate you taking the time to post and giving us feedback of your experience. We will work to improve on the areas mentioned in your review, without your feedback we cannot improve. Hopefully you will choose to stay at another Marriott property again in the future and give us a chance to shine. Again, thanks for taking the time to post. Happy Holidays from the Residence Inn team.

Reviewed 28 November 2011

This is where we just spent Thanksgiving with our son and his four friends. We were accommodated for our Thanksgiving Day celebration, by moving from a one bedroom to a two bedroom suite with no problems at all. We were pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness, and the service. The breakfast staff was so kind and upbeat ! The hotel's location is the best ! Walking distance to just about anywhere in the city. The free trolley gets you there too!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank vctraveller

Dear Valued guest, Thank YOU for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor. We are glad that you enjoyed your Thanksgiving day celebration here at the hotel and that you allowed us to be your host. We look forward to seeing you next Thanksgiving. Thanks again for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor. Happy Holidays form the Residence Inn team.