“Excellent Stay”

Ranked #12 of 150 Hotels in Oklahoma City
New Philadelphia, Ohio
“Excellent Stay”
Reviewed 29 January 2012

My husband and I just returned from Oklahoma City and stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn, we enjoyed our stay very much. We stayed in a suite it was spacious and comfortable. Room Service was excellent, great hamburgers, not a long wait to get food to our room. Nice staff, and room was clean. Housekeepers did a great job with the rooms, we enjoyed our return at night to a clean room.

One thing we both found interesting but may be annoying to some were the birds, we thought they were fun to watch and still are wondering what kind of birds they are....I can see how they could be annoying to some, but we were not bothered by them. If anyone knows anything about them would love to know.

It was a great trip and would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Oklahoma City!!

Room Tip: Near the airport very convenient.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank kam59
hilton801, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this review, 29 March 2012
Thank you so very much for taking the time to compliment our hotel and our team. Glad you got to enjoy the room service during you recent visit and I have to admit the hamburgers are one of my favorite menu items also. We certainly hope you stay here again very soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Livermore, Colorado
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Our stay at the Hilton Garden Inn was great. The staff greeted us each time we entered. We requested a crib for our room and it was waiting in our room when we arrived already assembled. The cleaning staff even folded the blankets in the crib each day.

• Stayed December 2011
hilton801, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this review, 11 January 2012
First of all thank you for taking the time to compliment our hotel and team. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you stay here again with us soon!
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 28 December 2011

I has a recent conference in Oklahoma City and looked for a place within easy commute to the airport. The Hilton Garden Inn fit the bill well. It is along a main drag adjacent to the airport (as are several other chain & local motels) and close to a number of chain and local restaurants. The lobby was clean and sunny with a pleasant bar area and restaurant. The latter has somewhat restricted hours, but good food and a very friendly atmosphere. The room seemed recently remodeled and clean, with a conventional layout, decent bathroom area, fast wireless & wired (LAN) free internet access (open network - no password security), and comfortable bed. The desk staff seemed friendly and attentive, with the exception of the morning manager, who seemed a bit disgruntled. (I'll give him slack for a possible bad day, as we all experience.)

The only negative is that of the shuttle to/from the airport. I found myself waiting outdoors for over 40 minutes on a fairly chilly, windy day for a shuttle that was supposed to be only 5-10 minutes in coming. Similarly, I had a 15-20 minute wait for a 7:00 am ride to the airport from the lobby. The shuttle was, however, free.

Overall, the stay was very satisfactory and I would return to this hotel as the need may demand,

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
hilton801, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this review, 4 January 2012
I want to thank you for taking your time to fill out a response on your most recent stay with us. I appreciate you selecting our hotel for your stay and look forward to your next visit. I want to apologize for the issues with the shuttle and will work with my team to correct this issue. If there is ever anything I can do to be of service, please contact the hotel and ask for the General Manager. Thank you and have a wonderful day.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 15 December 2011

We have stayed here for a few days each winter for the past 5 or 6 years. The staff is highly attentive and personable. It is always nice to stay at a hotel that has a decent breakfast and this place is great! Eggs cooked to order, fresh fruit, etc.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
I want to personally thank you for selecting our hotel for your visit to Oklahoma City. I appreciate your feedback and comments regarding your most recent stay. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and I appreciate your patronage. If there is anything I can do for you during any future stays, please do not hesitate to ask for me. We look forward to having you back as our guest.
MD
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I love staying here. The staff is amazing! I will not stay anywhere else when im in OKC!

Room Tip: All rooms here are great.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank PanzysMom
Thank you so very much for taking the time to compliment our hotel. We are so glad to hear you had such a wonderful stay here with us. We certainly hope you stay here again very soon!
Vienna, Virginia
Reviewed 13 August 2011

I have to concur with one of the other reviewers on here, and maybe they have since gotten the issues fixed, but the wireless internet was terrible -- most of the time I could not get any traffic working successfully. I was lucky enough to piggy back off the wifi signal from the Comfort Inn behind this hotel given the proximity of my room, but that had issues also. Other than that, the staff were very helpful, nice, the breakfasts of good quality, and given the location of the work we were doing, this place is convenient with access from the interstates and to/from the airport. It was a bit noisy at times on the main level because of a lot of kids in the pool area, but it wasn't an issue up in the room I had.

Room Tip: higher up in the building gives better views and away from outdoor noise
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank travel-here-there
We now have new Wi-Fi……. I would like to express my appreciation for bringing this matter to my attention back in August. We are concerned with the satisfaction of all of our guests and aware that wireless internet is extremely important. I hope you will be back to visit us the next time you visit Oklahoma City.
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 23 June 2011

I tend to favor Hilton Garden Inns over most other hotel chains. However, the high speed internet at this particular hotel was non-existent, intermittent at best. I had to drive several miles to find a Starbucks so I could get a Wifi connection and work. I was there for six nights and no improvement.

• Stayed June 2011