“Disappointed”

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Shawnee
Burns Flat,Ok
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 15 June 2009

My husband & I checked in Friday 06/12/09.We entered our room finding it wasn't empty.Our room had an elderly lady that was very surprised that we were entering her room.After an embarrassing moment my husband appologized to the lady & headed back to the front desk.The gentleman at the desk aplogized & kindly gave us another room.My husband & I have stayed here many times,each time something or another has been wrong with the pool or hot tub.This time the pool & hot tub was chained & locked.A sign hanging temporarily out of order.Doesn't appear that the pool has been open all spring.My opinion is that the pool hasn't been updated with the mandatory drainage system that recently became the law.Sounds like they are trying to get by using the temporarily out of order for maintenace sign.Another issue was the fitness room was extremely hot.I don't believe the airconditioning was running at all.A lonely box fan that blew behind me was the only air stirring.The remote to the T.V. in the fitness room, was missing the back & batteries.Therefore the remote was useless.No discounts were offered for any of these inconveniences.One the positive side this facility was clean.Staff appeared friendly.Thanks T. Gillham B.F. OK.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
baldwin county
Reviewed 5 June 2009

My family stayed at this hotel it was wonderful. When we go back to Shawnee Oklahoma we will be staying there again. Keep up the great work,.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 May 2009

While driving from LA to NC, I stayed at this HIE overnight and it was a good choice. This is an all-suite hotel so there is a separate sitting area and wet bar. The room was nicely appointed and was very clean. The area around the hotel has fast food to fine dining so no one will go hungry. The staff was very friendly and efficient. Despite the nearby freeway and all of the shopping and dining establishments, the room was absolutely silent. HIE must have upgraded their bedding recently because it was all first class.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 September 2008

I thought we had made a huge mistake when we arrived at the hotel, after checking in (which was swift and friendly) we made our way to the top floor and exited the elevator. From the elevator there was a trail of candy wrappers, cigarette wrappers and what looked like a combination of candies and breakfast cereal ground in to the carpet. I could not believe it and thought what kind of place is this although it soon appeared to end at one particular room.

Our room, thankfully, was spotlessly clean and well furnished with the addition of a small kitchen area which was an unexpected bonus. The automatic air conditioning unit had a sign on saying "out of order" so we had to use the manual unit by the bed which was an annoyance. It was too loud to leave running overnight so the room became a little stuffy.

Breakfast was well stocked and the lady on duty was very attentive to all guests.

The pool area was nice and not busy although the pool and hot tub definitely needed cleaning so we didn't use either.

I would probably stay here again, although the location didn't seem great at first (next to the Freeway and a pretty shabby shopping mall) it was very accessible for the places we wanted to visit.

• Liked — Room size and quality
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank Gill68
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 13 August 2008

We reserved this from the freeway about an hour before arriving close to midnight. We ended up with a suite which was very comfortable. My only issue was the AC unit located directly next to the bed with a very powerful and loud blower that came on just as I was falling asleep. I changed the thermostat setting and had no problems the rest of the night. Nice shower with three sprayers (two at mid-back level for a bit of a massage). Good breakfast offering with tasty grapefruit. Chilly outdoor pool and hot tub (which was low on water) but an enjoyable stay all in all.

• Liked — Convenience, nice room, outdoor pool.
  • Disliked — AC unit
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
Texas
Reviewed 28 May 2008

The excellent reviews for this hotel are the real deal. Traveled with 24 families for a baseball tournament trip. I coordinated the reservations so was really hoping for the best. This hotel far exceeded our expectations. Spotless rooms, spotless facilities, nice pool area with hot hot hottub, good breakfast with pleasant seating area. Bed covers are duvet with light blankets, the kind that is easily kept clean. Carpet was clean and I didn't mind walking barefoot on it. Staff was courteous, cheerful and helpful. I heard compliments to the hotel even from our group's most discriminating travelers. Nice wet bar with good fridge, sink & micro. Ice machines that worked well the entire time. Good laundry facilities. As a side note, we were in town to support a benefit tournament raising money for a local cause. The hotel also supported the cause in several different, impressive ways. We have now scheduled another trip and plan to stay in a HI Express because this experience was so good ... hope the Austin/Pflugerville property is as wonderful! The bar is now set high for this brand in my mind!

Stayed May 2008
Volcano, California
Reviewed 28 March 2008

Great hotel - very nice and clean rooms. Breakfast is very good. Wireless and T1 internet connections work well. Pleasant staff.

• Liked — Good location, three restaurants within walking distance (half mile)
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shawnee
0.7 km away
Super 8 Shawnee
#5 of 9 in Shawnee
27.9 km away
Best Western Seminole Inn & Suites

Been to Holiday Inn Express Shawnee I-40? Share your experiences!