“Lunch time”

Price range: US$10 - US$20
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed August 3, 2016 via mobile

This is always a good place to meet for lunch with friends. There is a great selection of options from appetizers to salads and sandwiches. Parking is easy, too.

Reviewed July 3, 2016 via mobile

My wife and I went to Cosmo Cafe and it was a great lunch. We started with some drinks. My wife had a lemony snicket cocktail and I had a New Castle beer. Our server brought us waters first and then our drinks promptly. We then ordered our lunch. My wife had mezze platter which consisted of two dips. The dips were hammas and Dahl. My wife subed the cheese spread for veggies. The veggies were carrot sticks and cucumber. The platter also came with slices of French bagget. My wife was very pleased! I had the French roast beef Reuben sandwich with a side of potato salad. The roast beef was awesome. It came on a multi grain type bagel and the fixings on the sandwich were wonderful. The Potato salad was out of this world. It is the best potato salad I have ever eaten! My wife and I don't really eat dessert to much. We normally substitute a cocktail in its stead. We both had the award winning Bloody Mary. The Bloody Mary was also out of this world! Overall on the food and drinks and the great service we will absolutely eat here again!

Reviewed April 18, 2016

This is not one of the best resturants in town, but the best restaurant in town. I've been going here for years, and they never disappoint. I've got friends hooked on it now. Fantastic Egg Salad and great, friendly staff. Fun location too.

Reviewed March 24, 2016

This is an urban style cafe in the heart of "Brookside" district on Peoria. Lots of little shops and restaurants in this area. Cosmos has a bit of an industrial feel - exposed walls/ceilings and the main area overlooks the street. There is a bar and some additional cozy seating there as well. Great salads, wraps, sandwiches, fish... pretty much something for everyone and yes, lots of different types of Cosmos! Great service, upbeat but casual relaxed atmosphere. Prices are mid range. Happy hour. Parking lot behind the restaurant which is free for patrons.

Reviewed March 19, 2016

Three friends and I met here after work on a recent Wednesday night. When we arrived at 5:30 the restaurant wasn't all that busy; however, when we left at 7:00 it was filling up. Two of us started out with one of their signature Cosmos which were both delicious and inexpensive and we ordered nachos as an appetizer - again delicious!

For dinner, two of us ordered the Roast Beef Thai Salad, one of us ordered the Traditional Quesadillas and the other one ordered the Cuban Goulash. The salad came with Spring greens, romaine lettuce with marinated rare roast beef, corn, asparagus, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions and chives and was served with a spicy Thai peanut vinaigrette. The flavors really melded well together and the end result was fantastic! The quesadillas looked delicious and scored a rave review as well. The goulash was okay, but not fantastic according to our other friend.

There were several couples with small children eating here as well as couples and groups of friends. They have a bookcase with games so you can sit and play a board game while enjoying a drink and appetizers and/or dinner. All in all, it was a very eclectic, fun atmosphere and I encourage you to go try it out!