“Authentic Mexican Food! ”
Review of El Rio Verde

El Rio Verde
Ranked #6 of 1,390 Restaurants in Tulsa
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed May 14, 2017 via mobile

This was a excellent find! The food was great and the service was even better. The restaurant is kinda in a scary neighborhood if you aren't from here but it is worth the stop in! I had the wet burrito with carne asada the meat was seasoned perfectly and so tender! My friend got a quesadilla and a taco that was also pretty tasty! Prices were cheap compared to mainstream Mexican joints. Enjoy this local gem off the beaten path of you get the chance!

Reviewed May 9, 2017

Visited EL Rio Verde after reading all of the reviews on trip advisor. You could tell by the crowd it was a very popular place... slightly off the beaten path. This is authentic Mexican food, not Tex Mex. It's a small place, nothing fancy. The service was great, but I would not say our food was awesome. It was good and we enjoyed it but it did not have the wow factor that I expected after reading the reviews. We did not have the wet burrito which is what they are famous for so maybe we screwed up. I had a carne asada chimichanga and I was just not impressed by the meat. When I order carne asada, I expect it to be tender and have a good flavor based on the marinade. It was not tender or flavorful. I was disappointed. My husband had enchiladas and again, not impressed. We so wanted to love this place. This is our kind of restaurant, a local fave, with character.... and off the beaten path. We would probably give it another chance if we are back in Tulsa, we are hoping it was just an "off" day!

Reviewed April 29, 2017 via mobile

Came here because I was looking on trip advisor for recommendations and I saw the picture of the wet burrito and I had to try it! It looked delicious! When you pull up it looks a little sketchy but the food is amazing and we had no problems at night in the area. It is very authentic and we were very happy with our meals. Would recommend coming here if you want to try real Mexican food and want to try the wet burrito!

1  Thank Arndtwelucky
Reviewed March 31, 2017

Dined here last week with a friend for lunch and was super impressed as always with the fare. Quick service, delicious meals. Highly recommend.

Reviewed March 30, 2017

My sister recently moved to Tulsa, and as always I was relying on TA to look for a good place to eat. I always trust my fellow TA members, so when I saw the place it didn't bother me. We got in right before lunch time and they quickly accommodated our group of about 12. The service was good and the food was excellent. Their wet burritos are very good. Right after we got there, there was a flood of people, so you might want to avoid lunch time if this bothers you. Overall, this place is a solid restaurant.

Been to El Rio Verde? Share your experiences!