“Handmade Tortillas!”

Ranked #41 of 1,406 Restaurants in Tulsa
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Abuelo's invites you to experience the incredible flavors of Mexico, combining homemade cooking with rich flavors of coastal and interior Mexican cuisine
Reviewed May 2, 2018

Great service, great food and handmade tortillas! Who could ask for anything more? Their refried beans are just like mine! Salsas rock!

Reviewed April 30, 2018

Mid afternoon meet up with a new friend here at Abuelo's. One of my favorite places in Tulsa. Great time to meet a new friend. We had drinks, peach margarita, and a glass of delicious sangria. There are 3 salsas to choose from, all good in their own right. The green mango one is special, and the dark warm one has a good kick to it. We chose to share a plate of chicken fajitas which were delicious. The server kindly brought us two set-ups of side items: sour cream, guacamole, pico de gallo, etc.
Also included were a bowl of mexican rice and steaming hot refried beans. Gracious server was perfect for this occasion and allowed us plenty of time afterward to sit and chat. Love this place and mid afternoon was quiet and intimate time for fun and talk.

Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

Great weather with nice margarita and chips. Awesome bar of food for our group- chicken and guacamole . Yummy.
First time in Tulsa

Reviewed April 9, 2018

We were looking for someplace different to eat on a Sunday afternoon as we were leaving town, someplace we don't usually have access to when we saw . Interior was beautiful, but the food of course is what matters. It was "beautiful" also. My wife got the stuffed chicken medallions which see let me try and they were delicious. I had the Del Rio which consists of One beef enchilada, one tamale and a crispy beef taco. It was also excellent. The chips were a little different style than usual but great. They bring a little sampler of 3 different salsas. I wasn't wild about two of them, they were all right but not great, however, the third one, a green sweet citrus based was wonderful. My wife got a half order of guacamole also. I am not a fan of guac at all but always try it just so I can just shake my head and make fun of my wife for enjoying it. I hate to admit it, but this guacamole was good, I really did like it. Our meal portions were large as well.
The service was great also. Our waitress took the time to make suggestions and explain some things when she learned we had never been there before. She checked on us several times and kept our water glasses filled. She always had a smile and the other staff were pleasant also.
I would highly recommend eating here if you have a chance.

Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is close (walking distance) to the Renaissance Hotel where I was stating, so decided to head over for dinner with business associates. We were not disappointed. I believe this may be a local chain, but the food was more like home made Mexican. I had the street tacos, which were accompanied by Spanish Rice and Charro Beans. My business associates each had either the street tacos or enchilada plate, which they crowed about even the next day. They serve 3 types of salsa with plenty of chips (the chips are a little thinner than I like, but acceptable) and our server kept refilling the salsa bowls. Service was great and fast. I highly recommend dining here if you have the chance.

Been to Abuelo’s? Share your experiences!