“Funky Good Steakhouse”

Spudder Restaurant
Ranked #79 of 1,307 Restaurants in Tulsa
Price range: US$15 - US$45
Dining options: Reservations
Description: As of October 3rd 2011 the Spudder is under new management. Located just off the beaten path a block North and East of 51st and Sheridan, the dining room is filled with oilfield memorabilia antiques. Our claim has been at Steaks since 1976.
Denver, Colorado
“Funky Good Steakhouse”
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Don't let the oil and gas theme decorations put you off. This is a good steak house, despite the gimmicky decorations. It is NOT cheap and the portions are generous. I spent about the same as I did at Flemings and got much more food at Spudder. Casual (jeans) dress. I overheard other things being offered to other tables that my server didn't mention, but that is just a server having an off night and not a reflection on the restaurant.

• Visited March 2012

• Finnish first
Tulsa, Oklahoma
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“New ownership deserves another chance”
Reviewed 4 November 2011

The food was really good. Service was great - especially because I was eating with a vegetarian friend who had to ask for lots of extra details about the things on the menu. Everyone from the server to the owner was very helpful, polite, accommodating and knowledgeable. If you're looking for a good steak in a casual atmosphere this is the place to go.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank GreenEyes226
Tulsa
“Excellent Meal”
Reviewed 2 November 2011

The food was excellent but a bit pricey. My family & I had several different steaks and all were wonderful.. The owner personally greated us and sat us at our table. The atmosphere is very unpretentious and homey.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank Broinhim
Upstate New York
“Great Steak House in Tulsa”
Reviewed 26 October 2011

Unique atmosphere, great service, great food: a real delight with a truly unique antique collector atmosphere. The are hundreds of vintage signage and advertising items relating to the oil industry here. Truly a uniquely Tulsa place, and certainly historical to Oklahoma. Don't miss this place if you have one chance for dinner in Tulsa, especially for business.

1 Thank JonyTumbles
Tulsa, OK
“Food was good, but too pricey for me.”
Reviewed 7 October 2011

I had read a lot of terrible online reviews of the Spudder, but went anyway because I had always wanted to go, having seen the sign for it since I was a child, and because they offered a Groupon a while back. Anyway, I'm not sure what the bad reviews are about. It is pricey, for a Tulsa steakhouse, but the steak was great and the service was good. The rolls were hot and delicious, the salad and house made dressing were good, the potato soup was just ok, but the rib steak was perfect, seared on the outside, juicy on the inside. Our waitress refilled our drinks several times and checked on us. No complaints really, aside from the prices, which I knew about going in.

The decor is old signs and oilfield memorabilia and the waitstaff are dressed down in denim and overalls, so the ambience may not be for everyone, especially when you're out for a $30-$35 steak occasion, but I am more interested in the food than how fancy it is. Anyhow, I'd go back if I had a discount of some kind, but I probably wouldn't pay the normal prices, even though the food is good, because I'm sort of cheap. If you're ok with an $80 check though, it's a pretty good place.

• Visited October 2011
2 Thank lisabee36

Been to Spudder Restaurant? Share your experiences!