“Fast and cheesy!”

El Teqila Athntic Mexican Rest
Ranked #245 of 1,464 Restaurants in Tulsa
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed February 13, 2018

El Tequila hosted our Spanish field trip luncheon with 44 high school students and 5 adults during prime lunch time on a Monday. They were courteous, attentive and friendly and the manager often checked in on our area with a smile. We all received our orders correctly and in a timely manner. They stayed consistent on drink and chip refills and never slacked on the smiles! All of our kids enjoyed their lunch and the white queso was fantastic! We were very impressed with how well they handled 44 crazy high schools kids and the rest of a bustling lunch hour!

Reviewed December 1, 2017

El Tequila

8118 S. Memorial

For the past three months we have been holding a small (2-4 people) monthly meeting at El Tequila and I kept hoping the food would improve; however, that still hasn’t happened. El Tequila has a loyal following, I’m just not one of those people. I arrived around 6:00 on a Tuesday evening and it wasn’t too busy but by 7:00, it was full. I was seated immediately and someone brought me a basket of chips and some salsa and took my drink order.

The salsa is way too thin for my taste and last night the chips tasted like old oil. The menus had splatters of food all over them, which made it really hard for me to touch it, much less turn the pages. I stuck with my usual Taco Salad for my entrée and my friend had the Seafood Salad. My taco salad was okay, but had too much queso on it for me and didn’t have much flavor. The Seafood Salad was huge and had a tremendous amount of seafood (shrimp, crab meat and scallops); however, the seafood was overcooked.

El Tequila tries to mimic what another Mexican restaurant does, which is having different staff taking and delivering orders, refilling drinks, seating people, etc. but it doesn’t work for them like it does at the other restaurant. It took quite a while for a server to come and take my friend’s drink order once she arrived and even longer for him to return to take our food order. After our dinner arrived, he never

came back to check on us or to offer us drink refills. The next time he showed up was when I asked for our check. Even that seemed to take an unusually long time for him to bring us. He also didn’t ask if we wanted separate tickets and just rang everything up on one.

After last night and taking a really hard look at the restaurant, I decided I won’t be returning. The food is not all that good and the restaurant needs a cleaning from top to bottom. There are just too many other Mexican restaurants nearby that have better food and are cleaner.

Reviewed November 9, 2017 via mobile

Service is great and food is always fast and fresh. Queso is vey good. My husband prefers to eat here or at Los Cabo’s. Lunch specials are priced right!

Reviewed November 8, 2017

We dined here last night and were once again very satisfied. The service was fast and the food hot fresh and very tasty. The chips and salsa come to the table immediately and the waiters are always friendly and efficient.

Reviewed October 14, 2017 via mobile

The food and Margaritas were outstanding. Ordered the Mixed fajitas and they were awesome. Our original waiter was in La La Land after taking are order he just kinda disappeared. They were not busy at the time we were in. When our food was delivered they didn’t bring tortillas which you kinda need when you get fajitas. So after about 5-10 min of waiting on them I get up and try and find our waiter who we have not seen since we ordered, glasses empty, no salsa, no tortillas... Finally manager comes over and asked if everything is OK, I then explained to him it was not.... He was awesome waited on us the rest of the time... he was the saving grace for me at this place. Was a great manager and they are lucky to have him.

Been to El Teqila Athntic Mexican Rest? Share your experiences!