“HUGE PORTIONS”

Ranked #498 of 1,462 Restaurants in Tulsa
Price range: US$1 - US$12
Cuisines: American
Reviewed December 26, 2017 via mobile

We visited as a family group on Christmas Eve and sat in the patio area. Due to heaters there it was warm and welcoming. Father Christmas and his sleigh were there which made for a delightful atmosphere.

I had the beans and ham, which was a massive bowl, served with delicious cornbread. Unfortunately it was far more than I could eat. Some of our party had salads, again huge portions. All at a reasonable price.

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed June 29, 2016

This is a great neighborhood restaurant with wonderful food and outstanding service! A great place for everything from a romantic dinner to a group meal. The servers are very efficient and friendly, and the food is marvelous, especially the Grilled Airline Chicken.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed May 28, 2016

I was prompted to make this review after reviewing a restaurant we ate at last night (It was not good).
We've had lunch here numerous times and the food is excellent. We've eaten dinner here once and again the food was excellent.

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed April 3, 2016

My husband, mom and four other family members recently visited The Hamlet for dinner. I’ve been wanting to go there and try out their extended dinner menu for a couple of years. We made reservations so we were seated immediately on the patio. The weather was beautiful and the patio was very pleasant, although the traffic noise was rather loud at times.

It took us about 15 minutes to decide what everyone was going to order and our server brought us a couple of bread baskets and our drinks while we studied the menu. We ordered two pasta dishes, one Portabella mushroom “burger”, two salmon dinners, one Mahi-Mahi and one Parmesan chicken. Two people ordered salads as one of their sides. The salads arrived about 30 minutes after we placed our order and it took our entrées over an hour to arrive.

The two pasta dishes were good, although the chicken on one of them was overcooked. The portabella burger was okay, the salmon was overcooked and the Mahi-Mahi was very overcooked and tough. My chicken Parmesan was good and cooked well. Three of us had steamed asparagus as a side and it was cooked well but very, very over-salted. My baked potato was overcooked and dry, my sautéed mushrooms were very good. I put my mushrooms on my potato to get it to an edible state. My husband and I each ordered a glass of red wine which was not served at the appropriate temperature. Even our server commented that red wine needs to be slightly chilled before being served.

The inconsistency of our entrees, the wine temperature, the traffic noise and the long wait time all worked together to make this a most unpleasant dinner. If a restaurant is going to offer items on its’ dinner menu and charge between $20.00-$25.00 for the entrées, I expect it to be not only edible but pretty much outstanding. The overcooked potato, Mahi-Mahi and salmon were inexcusable as was our long wait time. They were not that busy and there is no reason it should have taken over an hour for us to get our entrees. No one ever came out to our table to apologize about the long wait or to let us know why it was taking so long.

I’m the one that chose The Hamlet for us to eat dinner at and was thoroughly embarrassed by my choice. We won’t be going back and I would highly recommend driving a mile west on 91st and eat at one of the many restaurants at that intersection!

Date of visit: April 2016
1  Thank Sunshine7643
Reviewed January 27, 2016 via mobile

Special place serving the best ham sandwich the "Original" on the menu. For dinner the meatloaf remains our favorite.
The staff is friendly and eager to provide attention to your order. We utilize take out and have received 100% of our ordered items.

Date of visit: January 2016