“Excellent”

Ranked #26 of 1,357 Restaurants in Tulsa
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Great Louisiana restaurant in the downtown section. Plenty of street parking but bring your quarters.
Ate here 2 times in 1 week. Surf n turf was excellent.
Crystals on the table makes it even more worth the trip. Don't miss this spot.

1  Thank wick1979

Reviewed 10 August 2017

We liked everything about it- location, service, decor, most especially the food. We tried the gumbo, corn/crawfish bisque, shrimp po-boy, etouffe, bread pudding and pralines. All fresh and excellent. We were still talking about it five hours later. As good as much of what we have eaten in New Orleans.

1  Thank Betty C. B
Reviewed 27 July 2017

I had a work trip down in Louisiana a few weeks ago. During my time off, I was getting all of the local recommendations on their best Po' Boy. I came down to Tulsa for work and figured to try another since I had a craving for some shrimp. I had to write this review because I was very impressed with the quality of this Po' Boy. The shrimp were fried with the right amount of crisp, and the flavor in the shrimp was more noticeable than most of the Louisiana versions. For some reason, I thought their bread was better as well. Overall, I was very impressed with their sandwich. I'll definitely be going back before my trip is done so I can try some more items from their menu.
This place is definitely worth a try. If you're a local, take advatage of this spot! You'll get a great taste of NOLA in your very own backyard.

2  Thank acwong27
Reviewed 26 July 2017

We went for lunch and got there at 11:30 and there was a huge line which is a good sign. You do have to strategically get your table. It is done by number at the order window.
Our food came out fast. I had the red beans and rice and a 1/2 turkey sandwich. The sandwich was just a sandwich. Too much bread for my liking. I could not get my mouth round it. The read beans were good. All I had to do was spice it up but I am a pepper belly and spice everything up.

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

So this place has several great reviews from my past visits and today was no different. They rolled out a soft shell crab poboy. It was excellent. The food here reminds me of New Orleans. It helps that the owners are from there as well.

They have already almost outgrown their new space. Get there before 11:30 or after 12:45 to avoid the lines. They also do Togo orders. Definitely a keeper.