“Eritrean & Ethiopian Cafe”

Eritrean & Ethiopian Cafe
Ranked #444 of 1,417 Restaurants in Tulsa
Reviewed September 26, 2017

The cafe was very clean. I was waited on as soon as I entered. Since this was my first time to eat here, the waiter explained the menu to me. I chose the lamb tips which are cooked with peppers, onion, tomato, & garlic spices with a few leaves of lettuce and tomato on the side. It is served on a very thin layer of bread which is used to pick up the lamb tips. There is also a special bread that comes on the side. I enjoyed this meal and found it interesting to have to eat with my fingers. I also bought their cinnamon bun for desert which was quite good. They also have pecan and coconut buns.

Reviewed June 18, 2017

Working/eating and spending a lot of time in NYC, i didnt expect to find a good ethiopian place in Tulsa....and this place was good enough.....

1) if you are expecting a 5 start service, then this is not the place. If you want a good quantity and flavorful (spices) food, then this is the place. Imagine the service something like Fat guys where its simple and basic, but you go here for the food!

2) food is great. you cant go wrong with the choices. def try this in the city - this goes even for the locals as i m sure a lot of locals might not know about this place.

3) place is simple in terms of ambiance/ furniture and all that......and it was empty when we went so we were skeptical, but dont regret our decision.

Reviewed June 14, 2017 via mobile

Be prepared to eat with your hands. I had a saucy dish with a flat bread to dip in it. It was good, but different. May go back. This was our 2nd experience with Ethiopian food. Better than our first experience.

Reviewed June 1, 2017

Waited a loooooong time to be waited on, and we were the only people in the restaurant. It was 11:45 a.m., before lunch rush, and we thought after 10 minutes that the place was abandoned.
Food is pretty good, but if you order off the menu (buffet is tasty, but very limited), be prepared to write your novel while you wait for your food.

Reviewed February 21, 2017

We've been going here for a few months now and the food is consistently good. We really suggest getting the "sampler". Several different dishes served on that curious bread. Some dishes will be mild, others could be spicy, all are good. Adding a second person to the sampler platter doesn't double the cost and there's so much food you'll probably be taking some home, Bring clean hands because yes, you won't be using silverware. Tear off a piece of the bread and pinch yourself a morsel. Yum!