“Authentic Mexican with great service!!”

Puerto Bello Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #340 of 1,390 Restaurants in Tulsa
Reviewed October 16, 2016 via mobile

Sunday lunch with the fam. Tried fajitas and carnitas. For the fajitas, tried the combo with chicken, steak, chorizo and shrimp. The seasoning was just right -- not too salty like some places. The carnitas were moist and tender. Queso and guac were both really fresh (queso was still a little lumpy!). We tried the top shelf margaritas too. They were made with fresh lines and homemade mix. Strong without too heavy of a tequila flavor. Service was excellent. Atmosphere reminded me of restaurants we've been to in Mexico. Might be our new favorite local Mexican restaurant.

Reviewed October 12, 2016

We tried this place because we had a restaraunt.com gift certificate, and we were planning to take a short trip to Tulsa. WE love Mexican food and figured we'd give this place a try since it was one of the places we had to choose from. I will say that we had a great meal. The food was tasty. We had some of their white queso, and it was awesome! My wife and I split a large order of beef fajitas and they were really good. I'd say that they were on par with some of the best I've had here in Oklahoma City. When we return to Tulsa, I will be looking to make a return visit to this place. Seriously, give it a try. Also, if you are a kid, or strange enough to order a burger at a Mexican place, know that my eight year old ordered a cheeseburger and it looked really good. It must have been because he ate the whole thing, and the fries that I stole were pretty good too. :) As far as the service is concerened, our server was really nice, and although I'm not certain that she always understood what we were saying, I will say she did a fantastic job of keeping our ever need covered! Such nice people.

Reviewed February 18, 2016

My last night in Tulsa and I wanted to find some good Mexican cuisine. This place happened to be next to our hotel. I looked online for reviews and they had 4.9 stars so we headed in.

They gave the salsa and chips to snack on until our orders came. Very tasty but not spicy enough for me. So, I asked our waiter if they had something spicier and he smiled. He brings me another spicy salsa out and man it was hot. I was so excited because I hated all the meals I had in Tulsa up until this place. My shrimp nachos were amazing. My parents enjoyed their meals as well. I'm not sure if the waiter understood a word I was saying. But he did a great job and everything was great.

Reviewed February 8, 2016

The decor is fun and festive but the food was okay not outstanding. The service was amazing though we had waiters tripping over each other to get us whatever we needed!

Reviewed December 26, 2015

We have often wondered if the people in costume, waving signs advertising establishments ever actually draw in customers. Well, that’s how we discovered one of the best Mexican restaurants in Tulsa. The gentlemen dressed in bright colored ponchos and waving sombrero’s attracted our attention and were the introduction to the delightful atmosphere and décor of this dining establishment. Each booth is a work of art.
But now the important part—the food. This is not just fast food Mexican. I chose a sampler under the house specialties which included a chalupa, a chili relleno (contains beef), tamale, enchilada, rice and beans all covered by masses of cheese. Yeah, it’s the same dishes you might find at any Mexican place, but this a step above the average in preparation and taste. They even had a vegetarian selection from which my wife chose quesadilla rellena with mushrooms and cheese (when was the last time you saw mushrooms on a Mexican menu?). She loved it. Like most Mexican places, they were generous with a very good fresh salsa and tortilla chips. At the time of our visit, they were still not able to serve liquor, but assured us they would be able to by the following week.
Entrees ranged eight to ten dollars and they do have luncheon specials.
Altogether a pleasant experience

Been to Puerto Bello Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!