“Nice Hotel”
Review of Lamplighter Inn

Lamplighter Inn
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Bandon
Reviewed 4 October 2014

This was the first night's stay for my husband and I going up the Oregon coast. The hotel is near the downtown. The hotel is older but updated and very clean. Our room had a microwave and refrigerator and the beds were quite comfortable. The price was reasonable. We would stay there again. The next morning a farmer's market was being held near the harbor area. We had a good dinner at a restaurant called Minute Cafe in "Old Town" Bandon.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LizNc

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I haven't ever been steered wrong by Tripadvisor reviews, but this one had me worried. I arrived in Bandon in the early evening for my golf trip, so I didn't want to fork over resort dough for my first night. As I drove by the Lamplighter Motel, I noticed the weathered, peeling sign facing the highway. Driving into the parking lot, my first reaction was ... "uh-oh". But, though I had reservations, I had reservations ... so I stayed.
Once I got into the room it was fine. Pretty typical for a reasonably priced motel room in a beach town. Nothing fancy, but a room with a microwave and a refrigerator. The bathroom was spotless and the shower water had great pressure. Best of all, the money I saved here just about covered my caddy tips for two rounds at Bandon Dunes.
In short, if you want a reasonably priced motel just down the road from the resort The Lamplighter will be just fine.

Room Tip: There is a market, a Subway, and a Golf Shop in the shopping center across the street from the motel...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My Gal And I Were In Bandon For The Weekend I Looked Around For A Room. This Was The Best As She Smoked And Very Few Smoking Rooms. Owner Very Friendly Too. Had A Tub-Shower. Great Mattress. Good Stay For Anyone. Expresso Stand Accross Street .

Room Tip: Call Around And Check Them Out Before Payng.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BANYANGUY1
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Don't judge this book by its cover. Rooms are clean & well-maintained. Wireless internet signal is five by five. In-room fridge & microwave. Walk to grocery store, pharmacy, coffee shop. Friendly service. I will be returning to Bandon on business soon, and will absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank RoadWearier
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Enjoyed the Lamplighter as I always do. Nice little old fashioned place. Nothing fancy but a clean quite room for under 70 bucks in Bandon is a real deal. Owners are awesome and will give you the latest fishing report to boot. We love this place.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OCMC69
Reviewed 27 September 2012

After a bad experience with moldy overpriced La Kris $100+ I checked in to this very clean bland $60.00 room. Pleasant owner really quiet and comfortable. The High light of staying here was walking across the street to the Tiffany Pharmacy and finding treasure trove of super wines and chocolate. Wow! In a drugstore

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank tom v
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Came in late night and left early. That is what I suggest you do if going through. Basic as basic goes and don't expect continental breakfast.Great dive at dive price. Definately check out Brewed Awakenings down the street for breakfast, a must!

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank RedManJt1979
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bandon
3.1 km away
1.5 km away
La Kris Inn
La Kris Inn
#8 of 12 in Bandon

Been to Lamplighter Inn? Share your experiences!