All reviewspride of ownershipnew ownersdefinitely stay here againgreat place to stayup to dateacross the streetshort driverooms are cleanold townoregon coastbandon duneshwymicrowaveofficelinensbedsmotel
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I haven't ever been steered wrong by Tripadvisor reviews, but this one had me worried. I arrived in Bandon in the early evening for my golf trip, so I didn't want to fork over resort dough for my first night. As I drove by the Lamplighter Motel, I noticed the weathered, peeling sign facing the highway. Driving into the parking lot, my first reaction was ... "uh-oh". But, though I had reservations, I had reservations ... so I stayed.
Once I got into the room it was fine. Pretty typical for a reasonably priced motel room in a beach town. Nothing fancy, but a room with a microwave and a refrigerator. The bathroom was spotless and the shower water had great pressure. Best of all, the money I saved here just about covered my caddy tips for two rounds at Bandon Dunes.
In short, if you want a reasonably priced motel just down the road from the resort The Lamplighter will be just fine.

Room Tip: There is a market, a Subway, and a Golf Shop in the shopping center across the street from the motel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed June 13, 2014

My Gal And I Were In Bandon For The Weekend I Looked Around For A Room. This Was The Best As She Smoked And Very Few Smoking Rooms. Owner Very Friendly Too. Had A Tub-Shower. Great Mattress. Good Stay For Anyone. Expresso Stand Accross Street .

Room Tip: Call Around And Check Them Out Before Payng.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BANYANGUY1
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Don't judge this book by its cover. Rooms are clean & well-maintained. Wireless internet signal is five by five. In-room fridge & microwave. Walk to grocery store, pharmacy, coffee shop. Friendly service. I will be returning to Bandon on business soon, and will absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank RoadWearier
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Enjoyed the Lamplighter as I always do. Nice little old fashioned place. Nothing fancy but a clean quite room for under 70 bucks in Bandon is a real deal. Owners are awesome and will give you the latest fishing report to boot. We love this place.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OCMC69
Reviewed September 27, 2012

After a bad experience with moldy overpriced La Kris $100+ I checked in to this very clean bland $60.00 room. Pleasant owner really quiet and comfortable. The High light of staying here was walking across the street to the Tiffany Pharmacy and finding treasure trove of super wines and chocolate. Wow! In a drugstore

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business