All reviews new owners pride of ownership definitely stay here again hot water great place to stay up to date mini fridge across the street golf trip coffee maker short drive rooms are clean comfortable bed cookies bandon dunes old town oregon coast
Reviewed June 6, 2015

This is an older style mom & pop motel that we found to be very clean and amazingly quiet. It was the cheapest we found in the Bandon area. It did have a frig and a microwave, but other than that no real frills. Only two pillows, but I like several and always bring my own anyway. The owner was very friendly. We would definitely stay there again if we were in the area.

Stayed: June 2015
1  Thank Teresa R
Reviewed April 18, 2015

Not the first time I have stayed here nice little town with a great room price and quiet. The family that run this place are friendly and the rooms are not modern but clean quiet and comfortable!! The rooms are large for the price too.

Room Tip: quiet, and cheap
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Enyalious
Reviewed October 12, 2014

Reminds me of my childhood in the early 1960s traveling with parents. Small, cozy room with the feel that the owners wanted us to have a good nights rest and travel in peace. Excellent stay, quite, very clean. These folks take a lot of pride in their place and want to share it with the traveler who just needs a real good nights rest.

Room Tip: Nice Motel, no chain motels are like this. Small number of rooms, quite and peaceful. No frills but all the basics. Very clean room and well maintained.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank zorrosfriend
Reviewed October 4, 2014

This was the first night's stay for my husband and I going up the Oregon coast. The hotel is near the downtown. The hotel is older but updated and very clean. Our room had a microwave and refrigerator and the beds were quite comfortable. The price was reasonable. We would stay there again. The next morning a farmer's market was being held near the harbor area. We had a good dinner at a restaurant called Minute Cafe in "Old Town" Bandon.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LizNc
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I haven't ever been steered wrong by Tripadvisor reviews, but this one had me worried. I arrived in Bandon in the early evening for my golf trip, so I didn't want to fork over resort dough for my first night. As I drove by the Lamplighter Motel, I noticed the weathered, peeling sign facing the highway. Driving into the parking lot, my first reaction was ... "uh-oh". But, though I had reservations, I had reservations ... so I stayed.
Once I got into the room it was fine. Pretty typical for a reasonably priced motel room in a beach town. Nothing fancy, but a room with a microwave and a refrigerator. The bathroom was spotless and the shower water had great pressure. Best of all, the money I saved here just about covered my caddy tips for two rounds at Bandon Dunes.
In short, if you want a reasonably priced motel just down the road from the resort The Lamplighter will be just fine.

Room Tip: There is a market, a Subway, and a Golf Shop in the shopping center across the street from the motel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo