“Rooms ok. Staff mean.”
Review of Lamplighter Inn

Lamplighter Inn
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Bandon
Reviewed 5 September 2016

Our room had the strongest chemical air freshener. We opened the windows all night, I woke up so sick from the air freshener smell. My head hurt so bad I could not see straight. I went to the office early to try some coffee. A lady came in and got angry because I did not react fast enough to her. Then I asked to make a suggestion about backing off on the strong air freshener and she lost her temper and called me a witch!!!!!??!!??!! Well, this witch will not be back to her establishment again, and will highly unreccomend them.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
ahartwic, Owner at Lamplighter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2017

Hi there! I'm sorry you had a bad experience at the Lamplighter. We are new owners (in he last month) and we'd love for you give us another try.

Reviewed 16 May 2016

We stayed here last year and were once again pleased with our stay. This is probably the cleanest mom & pop motel I've ever stayed at. And being as close it is to the highway, both times we've been impressed with how quiet it stays at night. The WIFI worked great. The frig and mircowave ran quietly which is often a complaint we've had at other motels. The only drawback for us was that the bed was a bit harder than we care for and we prefer fluffier pillows. When asked the owner gladly provided us with an extra pillow for each of us. If you just want a nice simple motel, this seems to be best buy in Bandon. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Teresa R
Reviewed 25 September 2015 via mobile

Reception was friendly, rooms are very old (check out the picture I added! Got a kick out of that!!) but clean. We chose this place because it got decent reviews for a budget price and all we needed was a good 8 hours sleep. Only things that bothered me was bedding was very old and worn and needs replacing and the carpet was stained and that never leaves a good impression. Shower fluctuated between scalding hot and freezing cold. Other than that, liked the little town of Bandon!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sunnygirl0524
Reviewed 18 September 2015

My Husband and I went to Bandon last weekend with my little brother for a small vacation. After arriving, we went to the lamplighter motel and paid for our room. Circumstances came up to where we needed to go home. Knowing that I paid for the room already, I asked the woman if there was any way I could get my money refunded. I thought she was going to say no anyways, so I wasn't upset or pushy; I made the reservations, I paid for it already with my visa, and it was a huge thing to request. She absolutely flipped out. She was slamming stuff around, cussing, told me to never come back, that she didn't want me to stay and to get off the property and give her the room key back. she proceeded to refund my money. One week later, I STILL DON'T HAVE MY MONEY IN MY ACCOUNT. $80.25 that is still not refunded. I have never been so disrespected by an individual who claims to be a family friendly environment. It was horrible. I am a very respectful individual. I do not raise my voice to people. In the midst of all of this, I did not say a word. I left the motel in tears by how mean she was. I would never come back, and i would NEVER recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Don't come here.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family

Hello,
I'm so sorry you had a bad experience. We've just purchased the motel and we would love for you to give us another try.

Reviewed 10 August 2015 via mobile

Friendly staff. Room a little dated but CLEAN & roomy. Small fridge n micro in room. Not much to do or see in area but great place to stop n crash.
Price pd $74 no complaints. Shower stayed warm entire time & cable provided. Grocery $ Dollar store close by too.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2015

This is an older style mom & pop motel that we found to be very clean and amazingly quiet. It was the cheapest we found in the Bandon area. It did have a frig and a microwave, but other than that no real frills. Only two pillows, but I like several and always bring my own anyway. The owner was very friendly. We would definitely stay there again if we were in the area.

Stayed: June 2015
1  Thank Teresa R
Reviewed 18 April 2015

Not the first time I have stayed here nice little town with a great room price and quiet. The family that run this place are friendly and the rooms are not modern but clean quiet and comfortable!! The rooms are large for the price too.

Room Tip: quiet, and cheap
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Enyalious
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bandon
3.8 km away
Captain John's Motel
#1 of 1 in Charleston
3.9 km away
Windermere on the Beach

Been to Lamplighter Inn? Share your experiences!