All reviews new owners pride of ownership water temperature quiet place to stay stay there again whale room crab coffee maker spacious room wi fi downtown area up to date mini fridge golf trip across the street short drive cookies
Reviewed September 11, 2016

Their sign indicating "clean, quiet rooms" is what made me decide to stop here. Family run, it was exactly as advertised. Nothing fancy, but very clean and comfortable. Good wi-fi and up to-date electronics. Small number of units. Popular Mexican restaurant next door and a small plaza across the street with a Drug store and laundromat.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed September 5, 2016

Our room had the strongest chemical air freshener. We opened the windows all night, I woke up so sick from the air freshener smell. My head hurt so bad I could not see straight. I went to the office early to try some coffee. A lady came in and got angry because I did not react fast enough to her. Then I asked to make a suggestion about backing off on the strong air freshener and she lost her temper and called me a witch!!!!!??!!??!! Well, this witch will not be back to her establishment again, and will highly unreccomend them.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ahartwic, Owner at Lamplighter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2017

Hi there! I'm sorry you had a bad experience at the Lamplighter. We are new owners (in he last month) and we'd love for you give us another try.

Reviewed May 16, 2016

We stayed here last year and were once again pleased with our stay. This is probably the cleanest mom & pop motel I've ever stayed at. And being as close it is to the highway, both times we've been impressed with how quiet it stays at night. The WIFI worked great. The frig and mircowave ran quietly which is often a complaint we've had at other motels. The only drawback for us was that the bed was a bit harder than we care for and we prefer fluffier pillows. When asked the owner gladly provided us with an extra pillow for each of us. If you just want a nice simple motel, this seems to be best buy in Bandon. Would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Teresa_P_Reid
Reviewed September 25, 2015 via mobile

Reception was friendly, rooms are very old (check out the picture I added! Got a kick out of that!!) but clean. We chose this place because it got decent reviews for a budget price and all we needed was a good 8 hours sleep. Only things that bothered me was bedding was very old and worn and needs replacing and the carpet was stained and that never leaves a good impression. Shower fluctuated between scalding hot and freezing cold. Other than that, liked the little town of Bandon!

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank sunnygirl0524
Reviewed September 18, 2015

My Husband and I went to Bandon last weekend with my little brother for a small vacation. After arriving, we went to the lamplighter motel and paid for our room. Circumstances came up to where we needed to go home. Knowing that I paid for the room already, I asked the woman if there was any way I could get my money refunded. I thought she was going to say no anyways, so I wasn't upset or pushy; I made the reservations, I paid for it already with my visa, and it was a huge thing to request. She absolutely flipped out. She was slamming stuff around, cussing, told me to never come back, that she didn't want me to stay and to get off the property and give her the room key back. she proceeded to refund my money. One week later, I STILL DON'T HAVE MY MONEY IN MY ACCOUNT. $80.25 that is still not refunded. I have never been so disrespected by an individual who claims to be a family friendly environment. It was horrible. I am a very respectful individual. I do not raise my voice to people. In the midst of all of this, I did not say a word. I left the motel in tears by how mean she was. I would never come back, and i would NEVER recommend staying here.

Room tip: Don't come here.
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Hello,
I'm so sorry you had a bad experience. We've just purchased the motel and we would love for you to give us another try.