“Fast Wifi! Comfy beds!”
Review of Lamplighter Inn

Lamplighter Inn
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Bandon
Reviewed 10 August 2017

The title of my review sums it up pretty nicely. The Wifi was fast. I was able to stream videos, so you know it's fast. The new owners bought new beds for every room and they are COMFY! This place has everything you need at an affordable price, which can be hard to find on the Oregon Coast. The owners are continuing to update the motel, so it should continue to improve. Solid four stars. Micro and fridge in the room. Hairdryer too. I especially like the old school locks on the doors with the "Do Not Disturb" and "Maid Requested" sign you could switch on or off. I also liked the color scheme in the rooms - a little more modern and fresh than you see in other motels. Made it feel a lot more homey. Pretty flowers around too. Yeah, solid choice. I will definitely stay here again next time I'm in Bandon.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 6 July 2017

A last minute trip to "get away" landed my wife and I in Bandon. As it was a holiday weekend, we were lucky to get a room booked anywhere, and even luckier that it was the Lamplighter!

The Lamplighter Inn is an older motel that is getting a facelift by the new owners, and their pride shines through!

The best part for us was that the owners have gotten ALL NEW MATTRESSES for every room! And, trust me on this, they are COMFY! What a great night's sleep!

The owners are very friendly and the rooms are clean and well appointed with microwave, refrigerator and coffee. In the morning, the office has pastries and other snacks that include REAL donuts and muffins and fresh fruit.

The Lamplighter is off the main drag in Bandon (Hwy. 101) so it is pretty quiet.

I recommend this property for a great stay in Bandon!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

This is a cool vintage motel. Cleanest and most well kept motel I have ever stayed in! The room was quiet and we slept well. We didn't find any availability on Trip Advisor with the pet filter on but didn't want to pay double the price to stay at a larger chain hotel down the road. So we called and found that she did have availability for a pet and the price was extremely reasonable. No-frills, but the room did include a microwave and a fridge. Wish all motels were this clean !!!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2016

Their sign indicating "clean, quiet rooms" is what made me decide to stop here. Family run, it was exactly as advertised. Nothing fancy, but very clean and comfortable. Good wi-fi and up to-date electronics. Small number of units. Popular Mexican restaurant next door and a small plaza across the street with a Drug store and laundromat.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 September 2016

Our room had the strongest chemical air freshener. We opened the windows all night, I woke up so sick from the air freshener smell. My head hurt so bad I could not see straight. I went to the office early to try some coffee. A lady came in and got angry because I did not react fast enough to her. Then I asked to make a suggestion about backing off on the strong air freshener and she lost her temper and called me a witch!!!!!??!!??!! Well, this witch will not be back to her establishment again, and will highly unreccomend them.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
ahartwic, Owner at Lamplighter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2017

Hi there! I'm sorry you had a bad experience at the Lamplighter. We are new owners (in he last month) and we'd love for you give us another try.

Reviewed 16 May 2016

We stayed here last year and were once again pleased with our stay. This is probably the cleanest mom & pop motel I've ever stayed at. And being as close it is to the highway, both times we've been impressed with how quiet it stays at night. The WIFI worked great. The frig and mircowave ran quietly which is often a complaint we've had at other motels. The only drawback for us was that the bed was a bit harder than we care for and we prefer fluffier pillows. When asked the owner gladly provided us with an extra pillow for each of us. If you just want a nice simple motel, this seems to be best buy in Bandon. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Teresa R
Reviewed 25 September 2015 via mobile

Reception was friendly, rooms are very old (check out the picture I added! Got a kick out of that!!) but clean. We chose this place because it got decent reviews for a budget price and all we needed was a good 8 hours sleep. Only things that bothered me was bedding was very old and worn and needs replacing and the carpet was stained and that never leaves a good impression. Shower fluctuated between scalding hot and freezing cold. Other than that, liked the little town of Bandon!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sunnygirl0524
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bandon
3.1 km away
1.5 km away
La Kris Inn
La Kris Inn
#8 of 12 in Bandon

Been to Lamplighter Inn? Share your experiences!