“Surprisingly Good”

Price range: US$11 - US$30
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 22, 2017

Given some not-so-good reviews in Trip Advisor, our expectations for dinner were not high. However, we were happily surprised. We had a window table looking out at the harbor. My wife had an excellent filet of wild salmon and I enjoyed Pacific rockfish prepared with a lemon-butter sauce. The service was superb given the crowded conditions. We would return.

Reviewed September 15, 2017 via mobile

The Wheelhouse was our "go to" restaurant when visiting Bandon but this year we walked through the door to the smell of bad fish. If fresh, fish does not stink so I thought I should try something else. However the menu is fish oriented so I tried the rockfish fish and chips which should have been caught fresh around there every morning. Mine was Ok and hot. Fries were the frozen variety. My husband ordered the blackened rock fish and he said it was awful. A thin piece with the black seasoning. Totally dry and overcooked and cold. His rice pilaf was a gluttonous, flavorless glob which was also cold. The salad was a few lettuce leaves on the same plate. Not at all worth the price.

Reviewed September 11, 2017

We ate lunch at the Wheelhouse today and I'm sorry to say, it was average at best. We had the clam chowder which was ok but we ordered half dozen "grilled" oysters and they were anything but grilled in my book. They were breaded and fried on the cooktop grill (flattened out). They were almost tasteless and the cocktail sauce was unlike anything I've ever tasted (in a bad way). There are much better dining options around the harbor area I've since been told. Bandon Fish Market was given high marks by some locals.

Reviewed September 6, 2017

We had lunch here because we had eaten here previously and our first choice was waay too busy. I had the oyster and bacon sandwich which was ok. The oysters were quite good, there was just not enough bacon and the roll was so big it kind of overwhelmed the flavors of the sandwich. It was a good fresh roll, just too much. My husband had the shrimp linquini which he said was good.

Reviewed September 3, 2017

We ate here on our first night in Bandon. We came down to the town kind of late and wasn't sure what would be open, but this place was. It has a charming atmosphere and the service is first rate. I had halibut and my wife had the seafood Louis salad. Both were delicious. The wine was good too! We almost came back again the second night, but decided to try someplace else.