“Average Mexican food, very nice, clean, updated place”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mazatlan Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #261 of 397 Restaurants in Beaverton
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 2 September 2015

I used to go here years ago and loved their burrito LaCrema. Since then the mini mall they were located in has been redone and their space is nice and new and clean and looks very good. I could not find the dish I usually order there so I was disappointed. Instead I got the 3 enchiladas Lacrema and was disappointed. The creme sauce is great but there was just something missing. The rice is average, beans were good and I especially like that they give you bean dip and salsa for the chips. Very good. The waiters were great, my dad loves to say his few words of Spanish and they were good humored about it and teased him. He loved it.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

We had dinner there this evening. The hostess and chips/salsa person are very friendly and make sure that your glasses are filled and that you have plenty of beans, chips, and salsa. That's a good thing, because even though the restaurant was less than half full, it took at least 10 minutes for the waitress to take our order, and she seemed very preoccupied and somewhat sullen. The beans and salsa are good, but it is obvious that they do not make their own chips, and the chips are not very light or very crisp. My husband had a combination with an enchilada and a chile relleno, and the price and quality were reasonable. I had the pollo alla crema and it was very overpriced ($13), and the sauce was very thin, there was not very much chicken and the chicken did not taste like it was freshly cooked. They serve it on a huge platter to make it look like you are getting a lot of food, but you're not. The corn tortillas are very good - they taste like they are freshly made. After finishing our meal, it took at least 10 minutes to get the check - and our waitress was no where to be seen during that time. As others have said, the decor is very nice and the tables are spaced well apart, so it is a pleasant atmosphere. Due to the high price, small amount of food for the price, poor quality food and slow service, we won't return.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Rather than go to a place to eat that we like and have been to before - we know that there are so many choices that we should keep exploring - especially so close to home.
Such friendly folks, ready and more than willing to provide an enjoyable food experience.
Order a Jumbo Gold Margarita
Ceveche to go.
Salad in a bowl
Model Pot (?) full of strips of sausage, chicken, bef, cactus, peppers, onions, sauce - gotta have that! I can;t imagine ordering anything other than this.
You have to wave at any employee to get the server, but there was no severe delay.
I almost forgot the decor - VERY fun, clean attractive. Would never have expected this from the outside.
Will return.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Not a fancy place but still a very comfortable decor. The staff is very friendly and helpful, the food is very tasty indeed. Again nothing fancy, just plain good mexican dishes. Will definitely go back often.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

food was good, we sat for 45 minutes after finishing waiting for server to bring the bill. The server never came to check back with us after bringing out the food