“As others have mentioned plan to "dine" not eat. Good Food”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mazatlan Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #270 of 449 Restaurants in Beaverton
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed March 28, 2016

I agree with some of the other comments on the pace of service being slow. It however is not painstakingly so. I would recommend maybe not stopping if in a hurry. Otherwise the food is good and very plentiful. Waitress and staff pleasant. Might be worth a second look later.

Reviewed October 18, 2015

Stopped for lunch on our final day in Portland. I am biased because I am from Texas and we have awesome Tex-Mex. We had chicken tacos and enchiladas. The food was Fresh and pretty good. They have good salsa especially the hot version. The wait staff was very attentive and friendly. They have great prices and you get a good amount of food.

Reviewed September 11, 2015

We came here for dinner and their food was pretty typical, but I liked it. I wasn't impressed with the staff though. They weren't particularly friendly or attentive. The waitress stood on the other side of the room most of the time we were there and stared at us. The only time she came over, other than to take our order, was to carry on a loud conversation with the girl that was supposed to be busing the table behind us which was pretty uncomfortable as she was literally standing about 6 inches from my back. Then, even though she kept looking at us and our table repeatedly while she was standing there, she walked off without offering to refill the salsa which we had pushed to the front of the table. I had to get up and ask someone for another bowl. It's not like they were busy - we were the only ones in there...

Reviewed September 2, 2015

I used to go here years ago and loved their burrito LaCrema. Since then the mini mall they were located in has been redone and their space is nice and new and clean and looks very good. I could not find the dish I usually order there so I was disappointed. Instead I got the 3 enchiladas Lacrema and was disappointed. The creme sauce is great but there was just something missing. The rice is average, beans were good and I especially like that they give you bean dip and salsa for the chips. Very good. The waiters were great, my dad loves to say his few words of Spanish and they were good humored about it and teased him. He loved it.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

We had dinner there this evening. The hostess and chips/salsa person are very friendly and make sure that your glasses are filled and that you have plenty of beans, chips, and salsa. That's a good thing, because even though the restaurant was less than half full, it took at least 10 minutes for the waitress to take our order, and she seemed very preoccupied and somewhat sullen. The beans and salsa are good, but it is obvious that they do not make their own chips, and the chips are not very light or very crisp. My husband had a combination with an enchilada and a chile relleno, and the price and quality were reasonable. I had the pollo alla crema and it was very overpriced ($13), and the sauce was very thin, there was not very much chicken and the chicken did not taste like it was freshly cooked. They serve it on a huge platter to make it look like you are getting a lot of food, but you're not. The corn tortillas are very good - they taste like they are freshly made. After finishing our meal, it took at least 10 minutes to get the check - and our waitress was no where to be seen during that time. As others have said, the decor is very nice and the tables are spaced well apart, so it is a pleasant atmosphere. Due to the high price, small amount of food for the price, poor quality food and slow service, we won't return.