“Decent but very pricey”

McCormick's Fish House & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
McCormick's Fish House & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #63 of 459 Restaurants in Beaverton
Price range: US$28 - US$28
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 99th
Transit: Bus line 54 stop is on the corner right outside the restaurant.
Description: McCormick & Schmick's Beaverton restaurant is uniquely designed to create an inviting, original and relaxed atmosphere, where guests can enjoy the highest quality dining experience. The menu is printed twice daily, featuring the signature "Fresh Fish" highlighting an impressive number of fresh seafood varieties, in addition to aged steaks, poultry, entrée salads and pasta. McCormick & Schmick's commitment to local freshness is apparent in the seasonally inspired dishes and regionally inspired preparations offered.
Reviewed March 12, 2018

Let me start out by saying the people are nice that work here. The food is generally pretty good. We had the shrimp cocktail, some clam chowder, salmon and steak. The clam chowder was salty as was the steak. It says dry rubbed which usually means spices. I know that salt is a spice but it appears to be the only spice they used on the steak and there was plenty of it. If you come prepared to pay a pretty penny, then you will likely enjoy the dinner. They could have got a 4 but for the excessive salt and the high cost.

Reviewed February 4, 2018 via mobile

I have dined here on several occasions whether it be happy hour, lunch or dinner the food and service are consistently good.I mainly have sat in the bar area because I like the cozy feel of the room. On my first few visits I mainly ordered off the happy hour menu. There is quite a wide variety of choices here ranging from fish tacos to a specialty burger to oysters. The happy hour menu pricing is quite reasonable especially when you consider that the portions are full-size on the burger and the fish tacos for example.

When comparing the lunch menu to the dinner menu the later has many more choices especially if your craving a steak for example. I had a ribeye that was perfectly seasoned with a steak rub and cooked to perfection. The steak was served with green beans and no starch which was fine by me. There are several options if you’d like a side order of the various vegetable or starch at an additional cost. Steak was priced at $29 which I thought was quite reasonable
Service is warm and friendly. The daytime bartender Tamera is a real gem,it appears that she has a large group of regulars which I am quickly becoming a part of.
This is a very solid choice if you’re that area. They have plenty of parking in a private lot.

Reviewed February 4, 2018

We frequently take business guests to lunch and dinner at McCormick's Fish House in Beaverton. It's always a great choice, this restaurant is incredibly reliable.

In December we had a party of four for lunch, our guests were from Los Angeles and very familiar with high-end dining, and top name restaurants. We took them to our reliable local McCormick's and they were so pleased. The food is amazing, the staff are long-term, professionals, and the price is right.

This past week our company took a party of ten for dinner, again with one of our Los Angeles guests. He requested we go back, since he enjoyed the December lunch so well. Thus, we were all seated in the large room and had a wonderful dinner. Of course everyone was so happy with their meal, and the service. Bravo McCormick's!

Hint: the Bourbon Glazed Salmon is incredible! Yes, spend the three dollars extra and upgrade to King Salmon. Calamari starter is the best in PDX.

Reviewed December 26, 2017

McCormick's has always been one of our "go-to" great restaurants in Beaverton. Something was off the last time we dined here. We were greeted by the hostess who took us to our table to said our waiter would be with us soon. We waited more than we should have before water was poured. After the slow start, the waiter seemed anxious to speed things up a bit. He took our drink orders and immediately asked for our dinner order. We could have refused because we might have wanted to linger over our cocktails before ordering. But, we didn't. Our dirty martinis were heavy on the olive juice and light on the vodka. The waiter told us we got a 3 ounce pour which I guess means that was all we could expect. Later he brought another 3 ounces in a glass that we could share by splitting it between our two cocktails. Strange. The dinners, seared ahi over wasabi mashed potatoes covering one baby bok choy and my husband's swordfish were OK. The bottom line was that we didn' t feel we received the high quality of service we usually receive.

Reviewed December 23, 2017

We went for dinner to McCormick's Fish House, and unfortunately, started out not so well when my husband got a warm beer although served in a frosty glass. Rather than simply getting a new cold beer for him, the waiter let him keep the one he was served. The trout with the almond crust as well as the Mahi Mahi were both quite good. Both the walnut mixed green salad as well as my iceberg wedge were excellent as the server brought me extra bacon bits when I mentioned I liked those. The wedge itself was quite a bit smaller than ones I've had here in the past, however, especially for the price.