“Wonderful food”

WestSide Bakery & Cafe
Price range: US$3 - US$12
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Best place for Breakfast and Lunch!!This Highly recommended Cafe & Bakery has been voted Bend's Best Breakfast & Lunch! We guarantee that you will never leave hungry! Our scrumptious biscuits and gravy or the always satisfying hobo scramble are very popular with our customers. We have an experienced and friendly staff, our menu is extensive and the pastry is superb!! Come in to our cafe for full service breakfast or lunch and see what all the buzz is about!
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Food was amazing. Service great as well. Would definitely recommend eating here. We went for breakfast. I had a scramble with a homemade biscuit. Biscuit was outstanding. My scramble has all fresh veggies and bacon it. Fresh country potatoes as well.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

From the minute we stepped in the door, we were treated rudely. We had just come from a hot yoga class up the street and had our yoga mats with us and were soaking wet.We wanted to sit in the open air window area and told the waitress "We have to sit by the open windows". Clearly, right? She said "You HAVE to to sit by the window?" very sarcastically with emphasis on the H.A.V.E. No lady, I want to subject all your other patrons to my post yoga workout gamey-ness! Anyway, what I did say, was "Yes, we just came from yoga and are all sweaty." She then rolls her eyes and goes to go get some menus, comes back and proceeds to sit us in the interior and not the open air area! I said "No, we need to be in the open air area." Now she gives me this look, accompanied by a heavy sigh and additional eye roll and her body language said she was really put out by this...Now get this: there were at least 4 open tables back there, and two of them were small 4-seaters, so it's not like we are taking up a table for 6. I called her on her attitude and said "Are you angry by my request?" She said "No, I just can't let you sit at these large tables because we have a big lunch crowd... Oh yeah, Monday at 11:00, they were really hoping. We were one of 4 full tables and would have been out before noon.

Anyway, the juevos rancheros were not very good. They were so overladen with tomatoes and onions, and they did not have a good sauce. Just a scant bit of cheese. IHOP makes them better if you can believe that! My husband had the salmon eggs Benedict and said they were good, but not great.

Gladly, the rude waitress that sat us decided not to serve us, so we had another waiter. He was just OK, not a really warm personality either. We said "please" and "thank you" for everything, left a 20% tip, and did not even get a thank you or come again.

NOTE TO THE OWNERS: Whoever you had working on Monday morning July 7th, 2014 needs some serious customer service training. We will not return because of this type of service. If we won't, others won't either. This is how restaurants fail.

2  Thank sjst1
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Have been several times to this restaurant. The food for breakfast is very good, but the wait can be somewhat challenging. Our server for a party of ten was a real pro and everyone loved their food. Reminds me of an good, old fashioned breakfast place.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Great food and efficient service. What more can one ask for? Super Breakfast! Give yourself plenty of time on the weekends, others enjoy this place too.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Try the Manmimosas....serious Mimosas....what a neat place to have breakfast. Our server was so accommodating and spent special effort making sure our 6 yr old was looked after...the bakery counter made our mouths water and the food really was very good. My only comment was that the toast (sour dough) fell flat. So expected home made bread...wonderful berry jam, would have been better on good bread.. Just saying!!!