“AVOID.........”

Spindrift Motor Inn
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Brookings
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Just sleep in your car.... Like other reviews, (which I wish I would of read before) this place, and the people who "own it" and double as the nice couple "Joey & Nicole" don't really care who you are, if you ever stay again or how your stay was in the 1st place. We had PET URINE soaked carpets. Was TOLD we would have a partial credit for our stay and having to transfer to another room. The credit NEVER came (imagine that!) and call after call they never followed through. It's not about the credit, now it's about principal. Bad, bad business. It's smelly and dirty and it should be avoided!

Room Tip: dont bother
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank DBTA

Reviewed 5 September 2011

My girlfriend and I chose this motel because from the outside it looked nice. It is in a convienient location and we were tired. The young man was very friendly and helpful. Our experience went downhill from there. We paid close to 100.00 for a room that from first appearance looked like a Motel 6 with a bathtub. We settled in and went to dinner. When we came back and prepared for relaxation, we looked around a little. The bathtub was DIRTY. At first it just looked stained but upon closer inspection, it was dirty. Someone must have used the tub previously and the maid didn't bother to clean it. I prepared for bed (without a shower) and checked out the coffee pot so I could get it ready for the morning. It was still full of coffee from the previous guests. At this point, I couldn't trust anything was cleaned. The floor in the bathroom was dirty and the glass I unwrapped to use was chipped at the rim. When I asked for coffee the following morning in the lobby the staff person said the coffee post was broken. I asked for a partial refund after complaining about all the problems. I called a few times to follow up and the staff person said the owner has to authorize refunds. I ased if he could be called and the gal who I talked to said, and I quote, he doesn't give us his phone number because he doesn't want to be bothered. I give up - I didn't get and refund and the girl didn't seem to care.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank mcnewsue
Reviewed 17 July 2011

The place looks nice, then you look around. the tub was clean the toilet was not. Ok now this part is confusing. The bedding was clean but whoever made the bed didn't check the dirty bedding because the mattress was wet. I think whoever stayed the night before spilled alcohol on theattress and the maid didn't notice. That will make you say hmm. On the bright side the guy at the fromt desk is polite and helpful. The town was full so we didn't have the option to leave when we noticed the mattress was wet he helped us flip the mattress and remake the bed he also cleaned the bathroom himself. I'm thinking the new maid they hired won't be here long. The price would have been reasonable if the room had been clean

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Ronda64
Reviewed 29 March 2011

We had car problems and were detained in Brookings for 3 nights. We were dropped off at the hotel by AAA tow truck driver. We found the managers to be very caring, helpful and friendly. They gave us advice on local great restaurants we could walk to, beaches we could also walk to and made us feel like we were on a vacation instead of dealing with expensive car repair. We will CHOOSE this hotel above all others again the next time we are in Brookings

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2010

We stayed just one night at this motel. We didn’t have a reservation but easily got a room for considerably less than we could find in Gold Beach. The room was updated and very clean. Mini fridge, coffee maker, and microwave were all there. The bed was comfortable and the location was quiet. We were on the farthest point from the 101 so I don’t know how it would be nearer the road. Could have used extra pillows (only 2 provided), but had we asked they probably would have given them to us. This motel is a good value and even has a view of the ocean. You might even have access to the beach, but we never walked down to it (just a field between the motel property and ocean).

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2010

Rooms were clean and cleaning staff was friendly and helpful. Front desk worker was friendly enough but was on the phone the whole time he was booking our room. Reasonable rate but good for only one night as bed was not very comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2010

We decided to stay at a spur of the moment type trip. We were there for the Kite Festival and took our things for a just in case overnighter. We thought the hotel looked nice a clean so we gave them a try. We were given room 244 which was on the very end. It was just perfect for us. We had our doggies with us so that was nice too because we were next to the doggie area. We set up our chairs outside and enjoyed a lovely evening. It was just a little walk away through a field that had a couple of pathways mowed to get to the ocean. Yes you cannot get down to the beach because it was on a cliff, but it made for a lovely sunset. Technically you do have an ocean view people who complained there wasn't a view. Get off your duff and walk to it. We flew a kite in the parking lot and played frisbee with the dogs in the field. I picked wildflowers in a forest like setting that we discovered behind our room! Birds everywhere which is good for me because I'm a birder.
The room was very clean and the staff was nice. The only thing is the bed wasn't to comfortable for my taste but I would make the sacrafice again to stay there. =) It is a good place to stay for an overnight trip and especially if you have pets. We had a very nice time that weekend and it helped to have a good, clean, and friendly place to stay at.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brookings
0.5 km away
1.8 km away
Wild Rivers Motor Lodge
Wild Rivers Motor Lodge
#3 of 8 in Brookings

Been to Spindrift Motor Inn? Share your experiences!