All reviews room was clean the north end king room easy access love this place motel coast ocean microwave sunset hwy office properties pacific dogs
Reviewed August 7, 2018

Don't expect a five-star hotel experience. This is a quaint motel in a super cool beach community. Michael and Myrtle own this property and they take pride in providing a clean, well-run, affordable place to stay while visiting Brookings, Oregon.

Myrtle was very helpful and patient while we were trying to figure out our trip. They are very good at communicating and remembered every detail about our specific situation when we arrived.

And the best part? The view... they own the adjacent property which includes a large field that goes to the cliffs above the sea. You can walk out there and enjoy the sunset or simply enjoy it from your room!

We were very satisfied with our stay and would definitely stay again on our next trip to Oregon.

Room Tip: The rooms on the top floor offer the best views and farther from Hwy 101 is quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2018

Planned a surprise reunion with a cousin I had not seen In 50 years. I needed a quiet motel for 6 nights and picked Spindrift. No noise except for one night door slamming neighbor but that's to be expected. If ever there again this is where we will stay. Good view and secure.

Room Tip: I like a room on the second floor with no one above.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank STEVEN O
Reviewed May 30, 2018 via mobile

Me and my husband are truckers and our recent stay at this motel was very accommodating & relaxing. They also have a large gravel lot for TRUCK PARKING! So Truckers, if U are in Brookings, OR. Stop by

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed April 22, 2018

Came with 11 other women to a Women's Christian Conference in Brookings. Was the one booking our rooms, and since I had stayed previously at the Spindrift, knew it to be clean and located near our conference, so booked there again. I had some back and forth, to add and then subtract a room...but the manager and his wife couldn't have been more accommodating. The rooms are clean and there was no road noise when your in the rooms. Slept well. The rates are very good. Will definitely stay here again. Margie

Room Tip: Good location
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 14, 2018

My friend and I stayed here during Whale Watch week. The owner was helpful and I really liked the fact that he told us he checks the grounds and parking lot at night to make sure everything is secure. He also told us where we could get a great view of the sunset, and where to find good meals.

This isn't a fancy place but it's more than serviceable and certainly clean. I was very happy with our stay and the price.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends