“Nice atmosphere!”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 5, 2017

Having just moved to Brookings, we're checking out a lot of different restaurants. We stopped in on a Saturday for a late lunch after doing some shopping. We were greeted warmly and invited to sit anywhere. The menu looked extensive, and I noticed that a woman at the table next to us got a Bento Box, which looked really good. Having lived in Japan some years ago, I know a good Bento!

I ordered calamari and some nigiri, and my wife ordered edamame, nigiri, and a salmon skin roll. The food was very good and I especially enjoyed the atmosphere, with a lot of authentic Japanese touches. Made me nostalgic for Japan.

Some have commented that the service was "horrible." Our was a bit leisurely, but perfectly fine. We had everything we needed through the meal, and server was easy to find when we needed her.

We will of course try the other places in town, but this place was quite good. Only complaint (which could be my own fault) is that I hadn't noticed beer on the menu and so ordered a Diet Pepsi, and you can be sure that if I'd known they had Asahi, I would have ordered one!

Reviewed February 15, 2017 via mobile

Way over rated. Our services were so horrible. There so short staffed the sushi chef was serving tables, the waitress missed one of my rolls and forgot to take a Togo order which in the end I was great full for that. To make matters worse I had to look for the unagi on my role. Really? Lesson learned. Never again.

1  Thank bkharborchick
Reviewed February 1, 2017

Excellent Yakisoba noodle plates and Bento box lunches. Amazing coconut cake-made from scratch! Beth, the owner, is kind and wants to know about the people who are eating at her place. It is super cute and small town yummy.

Reviewed January 15, 2017

The only problem with this place is you will want to eat too much. After you have a large meal you will be tempted with unbelievable desserts. Try the cheesecake.

Reviewed January 4, 2017 via mobile

Loved every little thing about this place from the service to the delicious menu, rock-n-roll, the Yellow fin tuna, teriyaki chicken , awwwww so good . My promise to you if you love Sushi , Cafe Kitanishi is a must go to in Brookings Oregon.

1  Thank Arthur B