“Intimate dinning”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

Lovely place for a romantic dinner. Definitely make reservation. We prefer lower level.excellent food and service.

1  Thank Dade N

Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

My best friend has made Art Alley Grill the Place her and her husband go for their anniversary. She kept telling me their Lamb was the reason. They asked us to join them this year. Well she was correct. The lamb is very good. Service was the best and it’s a small charming upscale restaurant. Pricy but you do get soup and salad with your meal. The guys had steak. It was also very well done. Oh also there is live music playing quietly. Truly a wonderful evening.

1  Thank Robbin M
Reviewed June 14, 2018

I hate it when reviewers compare their experience and food to another place in the States or dieing their travels abroad. So, I won't! Art Alley Grille is a stand alone knockout. Last night's meal is the latest in a very small list of memorable and talk about later experiences. My husband said that the clams were the sweetest and juiciest he's EVER had. And the sauce - it was so delicious that we asked for bread so we could soak up every last brilliant drop. My appetizer, not to be undone, was sushi rare tuna that was as big as a main course. Seared perfectly with a delicious glaze and served with wasabi, fresh ginger and pickled seaweed. The pancetta was for the table and it disappered in seconds! Soup and salad are included with the meal. The tomato bisque was perfect; my husband's calm chowder another rave. Then comes the main course. OMG!!! Between the four of us we order different entrees. The rack of lamb, sirloin, shrimp and an evenings special, pork tenderloins with cream caper sauce. I think we were all transported to heaven. Not much was said but whispers of delight. Our friend left a pile of bones having sucked off every morsel of lamb. The sirloin was served rare, as requested, and our friend declared it among the best he's ever had. We had dessert, which I vaguely remember since by that time we were all so glazed over with delight and being beautifully sated. The wine list is extensive and served by the glass if requested. The service was lovely and caring. The surroundings romantic but not stuffy. Local art, dim lighting, linen napkins. Luckily, my husband and I live in Brookings so we will become loyal pests, eager to move through the menu and preparations of a superb chef. Although I promised not to, remembering meals in Paris, London, Morrocco, Switzerland, etc., the Art Alley Grille stands proudly among them and deserves a Michelin 5 stars. Thanks to everyone for such an amazing experience.

1  Thank Kathy V
Reviewed June 1, 2018 via mobile

As we approached Brookings from up North, I went to Trip Advisor to see what they recommended for restaurants and were not disappointed. Art Alley Grille was number one and we totally agree. Service was great, soup was fantastic, salad was crisp and yummy, then the beef fillet with Demi glass was cooked to perfection. We came away full and gourmet flavors still lingering. We thank them for our fine dining experience.

1  Thank Elizabeth N
Reviewed April 30, 2018

Love the Art Alley Grille. Tucked away inside the gallery, this is a romantic spot for fine dining. You can bring in your own wine for a minimal cork fee. Food, Service, and atmosphere is perfect.

2  Thank Lori M