“Varies from excellent to I wish I had gone to Taco Bell”

Pancho's Restaurante Y Cantina
Ranked #12 of 72 Restaurants in Brookings
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 6, 2018

The taste and quality varies so much. It seems lunch time the taste is not very good. At dinner when very busy, the food is so much better. They must have the poorer cooks working lunch? Really a shame they can't get constant good quality.

Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

I can't believe this place gets such good reviews. The server was very pleasant but our service was slow. My husband asked for beer twice -- the first time took about 10 minutes, the second time took about 20. The jalapeno poppers that we ordered tasted like cheap frozen ones. The chicken fajitas for 2 that we ordered were bland, bland, bland. Like most Mexican restaurants, the fajitas didn't come with enough tortillas. The only part of the service that was quick was them bringing out bill. And to top off the not great meal, we sat by 4 very loud women who never shut up!

1  Thank LastMango
Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

This is my go-to place for fish tacos. Red snapper on two tacos with rice and beans at lunch for 9.50. This trip I had two chicken enchiladas with rice and beans for 6.25. Exceptional! The staff is always nice but it might be because I go in there almost every time I go to the coast. They have regulars. I can tell by how they speak to them and they are extremely nice to everyone.

Reviewed July 26, 2018

This place is a ways from home so don't here often, but happen to be in Brookings during lunch time so decided to stop, again. Service was great, the food was great, they have an extensive menu, probably to much on there, had a margarita which was refreshing, the table across from me had two small children and staff were very accommodating for them. The salsa and chips were great, for me being Hispanic, I would have liked a little more kick in the Salsa. I had the shredded beef burrito, which came with bean and rice, it was delicious. Building isn't hard to find given the bright pink color!

Reviewed July 6, 2018 via mobile

1st time We'd had world renowned salsa and they are right. It is the bomb---diggity! Very nice place!