See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 26, 2017

Ok, pluses - owners seemed fine and bed clean, but I think the hotel has gotten beyond their control: walls, tiles, floors all shabby. Bathroom, well, badly finished. Just go elsewhere - there are many choices.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2017

Comfortable beds, clean and neat basic motel. Friendly owners and daily maid service. Microwave and fridge were handy, as were table and chairs. Very good wifi and flat screen tv. Pancho's Mexican restaurant next door was handy. Motel is back off Hwy 101 so not noisy.

Room Tip: We were in #122 which suited us fine.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2017

Stayed here with a few friends. We booked it since we felt it would be a good place to stop for the night (long day of driving down from Seattle), but I really think it would have been better to go elsewhere.
There wasn't anything that wrong with it necessarily, but I just didn't like the overall feel of it for the price that we paid. No free breakfast, which I would have expected for this type of motel (cereal or boiled eggs, maybe?). The free wi-fi, while appreciated, was terribly slow. Bathroom didn't seem up to date, water pressure was poor, and the sheets were very thin so we were cold all night.

If you just want a bed to sleep, there was nothing wrong with this. But if you're expecting a little more, look elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gina D
Reviewed October 7, 2016

We've stayed in many different motels in Brookings, and this one is fine, considering the price. Yes, it's a budget place, but we found it clean and neat. The beds were comfortable, and the shower was excellent.

Yes, it's a bit rough. There were some scratches on the bathroom door and the blankets are cheap. But we had a good stay and slept well.

This hotel was quieter than the Westward because our room was further from the street.

Potential Problems:

1. The man who manages (& owns?) the place hardly speaks English. He seemed nice and friendly, but I had to struggle to understand him. His wife (?) speaks much better, and she's very nice. Advice to him: take a class in speaking English, and your reviews will go up.

2. The room had a perfumy scent from, probably, the cleaning products used. I'm a smell-o-phobe. It wasn't terrible, and after I was in the room for a while I didn't notice it, but each time we returned to the room it was unpleasant.

For us, this hotel was just as good as the Spindrift, Westward, and Harbor View hotels at a significantly lower price.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TromboneAl
Reviewed September 11, 2016 via mobile

I really liked this motel, great prices, the room was very clean. Slept so good on a very comfortable bed. The maid was so nice and informative, as I am moving here. The owners are so sweet, yes they are a little hard to understand but try really well, anyone who has complained on there views should go down the street to the Best Western and pay $200 + for a room. The guy who posted language as a issue was a idiot. Both of my Grandparents came over in the late 1800's to early 1900's from Germany and Italy they I am sure spoke broken English. I would defiantly stay again and would highly recommend . Besides I was able to go out to great dinners and had the extra $$ to do it. All I really did was sleep in the room and did so well!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo