“Great place to stay in Cannon Beach”
Review of Ecola Creek Lodge

Ecola Creek Lodge
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Cannon Beach
Reviewed 23 February 2012

This was our third time to Cannon Beach and we thought we would give Ecola a try, we had the Turret room, felt like I was in a living room of someone's house, nice firplace, big comfy chairs and sofa, this unit has a separate bedroom and a super large fully equipped kitchen.
Staying here you don't even need to use your car to get to town, easy walk
When we return again we will sty here

Room Tip: Turret room is great, on the end of the building,easy parking, super if you like to do some cooking...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
EcolaCreek208, Manager at Ecola Creek Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2012

Thank you very much for the 'vote of Confidence' from the last few postings!
We appreciate knowing how we did, and what emenities folk like about the Lodge.
We also appreciate knowing how we can continue to improve in our service to all who 'choose' to stay with us.
Our emphasis on 'up-grading' rooms and the property continues - currently we're deep-cleaning rooms, doing repairs and mainteneance and getting ready for the season ahead.
And, of course we are looking forwad to your return to beautiful Cannon Beach!

Reviewed 28 November 2011

I've stayed at Ecola Creek Lodge several times over the last few years and have been in several of the different rooms. I saw one posting where they complained about the room being old but I have not experienced that. The rooms I stayed in looked up to date and were comfortable and clean, and I thought very reasonably priced. I love the location because it is right at the edge of Ecola Creek Park which is beautiful and it is also close to the center of town, but not too close so you don't have the noise. The staff is friendly and helpful. I LOVE the bunnies on the property. It adds to the ambiance of the place with the koi pond and courtyard. The rooms are quiet, and I never heard the neighbors during my last stay. If I had one complaint I would say that the beds aren't the most comfortable that I have slept in. It could be time to update the mattresses, but it is quiet so you can get a good nights sleep. I would definitely recommend this place to friends.

Room Tip: Pets are allowed in some of the rooms
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank adventuregirloregon
Reviewed 25 November 2011

When I booked I checked to see if there was AC in the rooms. And that's just incorrect.The website STILL says there's AC in the rooms! Luckily it wasn't hot & the 2 fans did the trick. But being on the 1st floor, there was no way I could sleep with the windows open..
The people who work there were most accomodating & they were so very pleasant & helpful. The grounds are cute, nice landscaping & the rabbits came around in the evening. The unit was roomy & comfortable & had a fireplace. A lovely place.
The folks who work there are so very nice. But I believe they should have the correct info about whether they have AC or not.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank MICH618
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Too many rules posted everywhere. Location not quite as desirable as led to believe on website..probably explains why they require payment in advance. Much better places to stay at comparable rates.

• Stayed: December 2010
4  Thank rdavis122
Reviewed 7 November 2011

The room is old and did not smell good. Bed was so uncomfortable. Got insect bites (lots of it) from the bed and blankets we used. I won't recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2011
4  Thank Supatra M
Management response:Responded 15 November 2011

The current Lodge [Motel] was built in the mid-forties which accounts for it's unique Cape-Cod look, charm and nostalgia, and as with many older 'coastal' buildings sometimes you have that unusual 'woods-y' aroma. [Which some folk even what to bottle!]
As you review other "Trip Advisor" posts, which are also supported by our 'Guest Comment Cards'; most guests give us high marks for housekeeping & cleanliness, and all beds are current by Hospitality standards.
That's why the comment of insect bites is so puzzling, and also we've had no other reports!
As manager I did an immediate inspection of the entire room in question, and found no evidence of any. As always, we sincerely appreciate all input from our guests, and are committed to providing a relaxed, tranquil and 'clean' setting for our Pacfic Northwest visitors.

Reviewed 3 November 2011

We just got back from two nights at the Ecola Creek Lodge and were very pleased with our decision to stay there. The grounds were lovely; there's a koi pond in the courtyard and rabbits dot the ground, presumably helping out with the yard work (or working on their nourishment, you choose). The lodge is located on the edge of the town of Cannon Beach; it's about a five to seven minute walk into the shops in town and about a three minute walk from the beach.

We stayed in the turrent room, which features a large fully equipped kitchen. The living room has a comfortable sofa, two chairs, a new Vizio TV and a desk. The bathroom wasn't as up to date as the rest of suite, but it was very clean and the water pressure of the shower was fabulous. The bedroom was quiet and comfortable as well. Wi-Fi is free, and the Lodge offers 24 hour DVD and game loans. There's also a game room for kids (check with staff for hours), vending, and a laundry facility on-site.

The lodge is also located down the street from Ecola State Park--the viewing area at sunset is possibly the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in all my travels.

The bottom line: there are more expensive places to stay in Cannon Beach that may be newer, but this is a beautiful, comfortable, well-maintained property that will give you excellent bang for you buck.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank WhereIsMyMnd
Reviewed 13 October 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed here last September and had a great time. The front desk staff were super nice and very helpful. The grounds were very well kept and the place was in good shape. The room was modest, nothing too fancy but certainly suited our needs. Best part was our little deck and enjoying the morning sun looking over the gardens. This place isn't on the water nor is it right in the heart of town but a casual 5 minute walk will get you to either. We'll be back for sure...

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor and could hear the people above us walking around a little... I suggest...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple