Sea Sprite at Haystack Rock
Surfsand Resort(Cannon Beach)
US$259
Tolovana Inn(Cannon Beach)(Great Value!)
US$194
US$259
Inn at Cannon Beach(Cannon Beach)
US$189
Ecola Creek Lodge(Cannon Beach)(Great Value!)
US$164
The Ocean Lodge(Cannon Beach)
US$299
The Waves(Cannon Beach)(Great Value!)
US$175
Land's End at Cannon Beach(Cannon Beach)
US$201
Hotels.com
Stephanie Inn(Cannon Beach)
US$399
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewslighthouse suitefull kitchenhaystack rockfree washer and dryercharming roomoceanfront hotelbeach frontwatch tvground floorthe location is perfectsized bedbeach accessview of the oceanseparate bedroomgas fireplacewould definitely stay here againstayed longer
Reviewed 14 March 2011

Enjoyed one evening at Cannon Beach in one of the beach facing suites at Sea Sprite. The room was quite nicely appointed, with interesting decor, and had a decent sized kitchen. Excellent view of the beach and haystack rock. Rooms were clean, if a bit basic.

Only minor complaints was the price was relatively high for the quality of stay (although this seems to be common to Cannon Beach) and the bathroom shower was tiny.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank radioflyer0101
Reviewed 9 February 2011

We stayed in Haystack #3, which has a great view of the ocean & haystack rock. It is just a few steps to the beach...or when the weather was too blustery, you could have a fire & watch the waves in comfort. Having a kitchen is especially nice & this one was well equipped (plenty of pots & pans, a blender, toaster, coffee maker, etc.). I would hightly recommend the Sea Sprite!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SeattleCrazyhair
Reviewed 3 January 2011

The location of the Sea Sprite is fantastic - an easy walk to Cannon Beach and the hotel offers a beautiful view of Haystack rock. We stayed in the Lighthouse Suite which was nice and clean with a good ground floor view. However, if we return we would stay in a second floor room instead as the view is even better and a drawback to the Lighthouse Suite is you can hear people walking over head. All in all a great stay.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2010

We stayed in the Sea Breeze Cottage - #5. It is truly an oceanfront lodging with ocean views from every room except the bath. The only separation between us and the Pacific was a small lawn and sand. The resident bunny family were wonderful hosts, escorting us to the steps of the beach and greeting us upon return. Sleeping with the sound of the ocean was bliss.

Housekeeping was efficient and respectful and the cottage itself was immaculate. It has a fully operational kitchen with all sorts of utensils and appliances. We bought our groceries upon arrival and prepared our meals ourselves. After our evening meals, we turned on the fireplace - which is a very nice amenity- and settled in to listen to the ocean.

At first I thought it was a little pricey but considering that I had my own private ocean front cottage, I now think it was a relatively good value. The only suggestion I dare make is that the water temperature be turned up a bit. The temperature was sufficient for showering and such but could stand to be higher, especially during the colder months.

Last thing: when meandering along the beach, be sure to look inland once in while - the hills set against the changing coastal sky are a sight to see.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank F0xTr0tter
Reviewed 5 September 2010

I spent 3 nights at the Sea Sprite at Haystack Rock, in room 1A. The room is small, but they manage to pack a lot into it, including a double bed, table with 2 chairs, small kitchen and tiny bathroom. The bed was comfortable but I came there from a BnB inland where I had 1000-thread count sheets, so the bed suffered by comparison. There is a TV with DVD player, and a small library of DVDs is available in the lobby. There is reserved parking for each room. Behind the inn there are picnic table and beach chairs which overlook the ocean. I spent a lot of time in those chairs! There are several rabbits that live on the property, and they were very tame. Although you could not pet them, they would eat the grass under the chair you were sitting in, which could be a surprise when they hopped out from under you. One morning I left my room to see two rabbits going at it, well, like bunnies. A neighbor had a radio playing "Love Shack" at loud volume. It was great timing.

The bathroom is small - and the shower is tiny. I am 5' 8" and needed to lean back to rinse my hair. If you are over 6' you would have trouble, and if you are over 6' 4", I don't think you would be able to stand completely straight. Be warned! :)

After my first night, the room was made up and the bed made. After my second night, although fresh towels were brough, the rest of the room was not made up. That is the only reason for the lower service grade.

I got a good price, and the location is good. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo