“Whale Watching”
Review of Ecola State Park

Ecola State Park
Reviewed January 2, 2018 via mobile

We visited in search of whales that had been seen the day before but missed them. It’s a beautiful park to drive through (we didn’t hike as many trails were closed from land slides). Day pass was only $5 . The Pioneer Beach was a fun stop to watch surfers, see a small waterfall and lovely sea stacks. We were hoping the starfish were back in the tide pools but sadly they are still gone. Well worth a stop if you’re near Cannon Beach .

1  Thank MidgesMom99
Write a ReviewReviews (1,683)
All reviews
"worth the effort"
in 18 reviews
"light house"

Reviewed December 15, 2017 via mobile

Heaven on Earth! A must see! The drive there is not bad at all! I traveled 2,500 miles in order to see it.

1  Thank Mike O
Reviewed December 1, 2017

Ecola State Park was a highlight of our trip to Northern Oregon. There were spectacular views of the ocean from different vantage points along our hike!! Hikes take you through dense forest area where you come across little creeks and moss covered trees. It was so serene. There were also park benches for picnics and restrooms.

2  Thank kitty32655
Reviewed November 24, 2017

Oh my goodness, the view is wonderful. There was a very bad storm going on when we were there so all of my pictures are pretty blurred but a must see for sure. Be warned that the road to get there is awful! Bring a lunch if the weather is nice.

1  Thank Cheryl B
See more reviews
Reviewed November 21, 2017

State parks that gives you a wonderful feel of the Pacific Northwest oceanscape and forests. A truly remarkable experience.

All PROS and no cons.. really. Worth the park admission.

My focus was Indian Beach. Two creeks come through the beach. That along with the sound of the oceans is very hypnotic. I planned a very short time to stay and walk around and wasn't expecting too much... I spent WAAaaaaaayyyy too much time here. Most of it was just sitting on ocean driftwood that was grounded ashore and just vegged. Be warned!!!!

The hiking trails aren't too bad but if you have some difficulty with heights or balance you may wish to take a longer look at them. Getting down to the beach could be difficult for some with balance and elderly. So judge accordingly.

I am no expert but if I come back to the area I WILL come back here again.